Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #21
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We have been using Direct TV in our Montana for years. I keep one receiver in the Montana all the time. That one is indicated at Direct TV as in our RV. The other two at home are stationary. When we leave for the winter to go south, i call Direct TV and they turn those off and do not charge me the $4.99 receiver charge while I am gone. When i come home, I have them turned back on. If I don't use the receiver in the RV in over 30 days, I have to call them and have it turned back on. Our antenna on the RV is automatic and I get a signal, but not the picture. What I don't get is my local TV stations that we get at home in the RV. But most of the stations in Florida come in on the regular antenna.

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wildbigbill..try again..we have the single head LNB and it work fine..The person at DirectTv did not do a system reset.They will need to know the card number in the receiver you are changing and they can reset it. c
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #23
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
I'm using a Directv Tivo in the Montana. We usually get out every couple of weeks and have no problems with it. As others have mentioned, if it sits unused for too long, the receiver will display an Ext. 722 message; while it has a signal from the satellite, none of the stations can be viewed. I've corrected the problem by removing and reinserting the access card.

I just learned from others at the Buellton Rally about Direct's recent change for RVers. We've always been able to use a receiver on our home account in the RV. However, if we were outside the spot beam (some 400 miles for us), we lost local programming. Direct has allowed RVers to receive DNS (distant network signals) with proof of RV ownership. Direct provided either the LA or NY network stations, but required the RV account to be a separate account from the home account, and charged it as such. Now, the RV receiver is charged as part of the home account with a $5 mirroring fee and a small fee for each of the DNS stations.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #24
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
Dish connected my setup to my RV ,,, there was never any questions either way ,,, they said as long as we paid the bill it did not matter where we were ? And everything has been fine !
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote