Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Montana_573

M.O.C. #573
excessive rust on frame and slideout units

Does anyone else have this problem? Three weeks ago the living room slideout would not close on my 2003 mountaineer 335RLBS. I had dealer mechanic come and took 3 hours to close, manually because it was rusted in place.The frame , pinon gears and tracks look like they are 10 years old.The dealer is going to replace the hydraulic systems and wire brush the rust off and repaint with special paint.Today I talked to the manager and he said this was caused by either the frame was not dipped and painted properly or salt got on the frame when manufacturer towwed it to the dealership and it was never cleaned off. I have picture if anyone is interested.I feel as if I have been cheated when I bought the unit in May 2003.

Montana_573 is offline   Reply With Quote