Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 03:58 AM   #1
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Any Interest in Central Oregon Group?

Anyone in the Central Oregon area, say from Madras to KFalls, Sisters to Burns, interested in getting together to get acquainted? Doesn't have to be a formally organized group - maybe get together at a centrally located campground for a weekend, or owners in smaller geo area, Bend/La Pine for example, getting together for coffee somewhere just to meet. PM me if there is any interest - maybe we can get something going after the first of the year.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Wish we were a bit closer. That is a long drive this time of year especially!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #3
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Hi toolmanroy,

Thanks for your reply. Don't know where you are located, but I was thinking about a camping weekend some time in the summer for those interested in meeting people closer to home. Judging by lack of response, though, it appears there's not much interest. Looks like we'll be attending the Good Sam rally in Redmond, OR in July, so we will hopefully be able to meet some locals there. Again, I appreciate your response.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:37 AM   #4
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I am sorry. I thought you knew to click on the screen name for information, such as location. We are in southern Oregon near the CA border outside of Medford in a small historical town. We would be interested in a gathering, but of course this time of year is no fun on 62 or 97. Roy wants to go to Redmond and has been trying to talk me into the rally, but we do not get any time off to make it worthwhile.

Lots of people traveling right now. You will probably get more response after the holidays.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
You must be in Jacksonville. I was telling Virgil the other day we need to visit that area - it's been years since I was through there. Maybe during the summer or early fall some of us can get together. Sorry you can't make the Redmond rally - we're only 40 some miles away so we can still camp there and run home to check on things if we want. I'm looking forward to it - it will be our first rally. Hope you have a good holiday.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:58 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Yes, Jacksonville. If you have not been here in a long time there have been many new homes built here and lots of changes. It is always a fun place to visit. We do not get up your way often enough because when we get 3-day weekends we usually head to the coast as we are doing New Year's weekend (Brookings). It looks like we might even find some cold weather there, but we are hoping to do some whale watching and relaxing before we begin the new year.

Keep us posted about a group for your area and we will try to attend. We are close enough to northern CA to attend a group for that area, as well. We hope to meet a lot of other Montana owners over the next camping season.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Just saw this thread. We are in Mexico now and will be until April. It might be fun to get together in the summer. We have a busy travel schedule. We don't make plans very far in advance so would have to wait and see. good idea.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:04 AM   #8
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Hi Sunshine
If any of you are in Southern Oregon during the months of June, July, August stop by and have a cold drink and a visit. We will be at Fish Lake Resort, space #1, located off Hwy 140 between Klamath Falls and Medford, Oregon
Old 01-03-2005, 02:21 AM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Nice to know others who are in southern Oregon. We have only been to Fish Lake Resort once, though it is not far. We usually go up to Lake of the Woods. There are beautiful camping areas along 140.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:53 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Treecounter, Sunseekers and toolmanroy: Thanks for the replies - looks like maybe some of us can get to meet during the summer, along the way. And thanks for the invitations. As the travel season approaches and we decide which direction we will be heading, it's nice to know there are folks out there we can meet. Treecounter, enjoy that sunshine and warmth - we are enjoying the cold and snow here - NOT!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #11
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Are you still in Oregon? Cold and snow is right! We were at Brookings over the weekend in the wind and rain but the drive back was interesting over 199 with lots of snow between Gasquet and Cave Junction. This is a cold winter.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #12
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Yes, we winter at home. We'll dig the Montana out of the snow (if we still have some - HA!) the end of February and head south for a bit.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:31 AM   #13
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Hi all: We have had computer problems of late, so just catching up.
We are in Central Oregon - between Sunriver and Lapine - would enjoy any contact from area members - I don't know if I have profile set up correctly - we are CHASER - evyorlob@yahoo.com - thanks and we are planning on being at Mt Shasta end of May if that is still a go, looking for the forum info on that from my last visit to MOC site.
As well as the Rally in Redmond - ...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:41 AM   #14
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Hi elorlob - Looks like we are in the same general neighborhood. We probably won't be able to go to Mt. Shasta City the end of May - too many other things going on. We do have our reservations for Redmond though and would enjoy meeting any other MOC members from Central Oregon who are going to be there. Hoping to get to the MOC rally in Nevada in October, but it is hunting season, so it depends on our luck in the draw.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #15
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Hi Sunshine,

Just noticed this posting and had to respond. We live in La Pine also and would really enjoy meeting with other MOC members. Getting together for coffee and/or a campout would be great. Just give us a date and time. We will be going to the Mt. Shasta campout also.

Let us know,
Scott & Sue
Old 01-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #16
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Hey Sunshine and Packerfan: Just responding - Get together sounds good from our perspective as well - I think the ball is in your court, Sunshine, so run with it, if you will, and let us know the plan.

The more the merrier!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #17
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Hi Sunshine,

We're in Mt. Shasta, but enjoy camping in your area a few times a year. Especially Diamond Lake. We'll be keeping on eye on this thread for events in your area and crash the party if time allows. Wish you could make it down here for our Memorial day outing. I know a couple of the others members from your area are attending and we're looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:23 AM   #18
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
For those of you in the La Pine/Bend/Sunriver area - how about Sunday, January 30, 9:00 a.m. at Gordy's Truck Stop?

Searchers, we'll see if we can get a camping weekend organized at least once this year, but if you come up this way, let us know. Are you going to be at the Good Sam rally in Redmond in July?
Old 01-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #19
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Sunshine, We'd like to make the Redmond Rally, but haven't made a reservation yet. There may be a conflict with other family commitments during that time frame.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #20
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
That's our dilemma with the Mt. Shasta gathering - we may be looking at a scheduling conflict. We'd sure like to be there, but are hoping that we will be able to meet some of you good folks soon enough during our travels.
Closed Thread