Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
GONEBYEBYE

M.O.C. #11952
Interior decorating?

Any great ideas for super interior decorating ladies?

GONEBYEBYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Ooooooh! I'm interested! I am not fond of the curtains or the border on our 2011 3400rl - reminds me of a funeral home. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes them. It just isn't my style. I need it to be brighter and less ... fussy??? Anyway, I plan on covering up the border with the same material that they use on the walls. We did this when we took out the desk and had to repair the few holes that were there. It looks great and is very hard to see where we added it. I am going to cover the border in the bathroom with another border that I have already.

I also plan on changing out the curtains - completely. I especially do not like the bedroom curtains. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them but I will change them. I hope to make a quilt for the bed also. I also plan on redoing the headboard in some goofy way.

The kitchen needs a backsplash and that will be dcne when I am sure of the color combination I am going to use.

Whew! I have lots of plans but haven't done anything yet! Montana is all put away for the winter so I will wait for spring before I start working on anything. Maybe by then I will have my game plan in order. LOL

Please share your ideas as well.

Best - Lynne
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
We took the wallpaper border down soon after we got the Monty for exactly the reason Lynne stated. It came off very easily and didn't damage the surface underneath. There was some 'surface sticky' left. That was difficult to remove. I haven't gotten it all....but it doesn't show. Now our walls are just plain wallboard....and I like it that way. I got a large decorative cutting board (an American flag) for behind the stove. We took off the folding stove cover. Our trailer is decorated in an americana/road trip theme. As for the bedroom, I changed out the bedding. I used an extra quilted pillow sham, cut it in half and replaced the valances. We also took out the side curtains on the windows next to the bed. I originally wanted to change the headboard to a 'real' one, but found that it didn't work with the slide. So.....I took apart the headboard....all gazillion staples.... and just covered it with matching fabric from our quilt. I kept the same shape and padding. I was happy with the outcome.
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Here is a link to what we did with the headboard and curtains in the bedroom of our rig: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42646

Jack