Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Sam Rayburn Rec Area

I need some info if anyone has it on Sam Rayburn Rec Area in TX (eastern side) as far as campgrounds. Which campgrounds will my 38' 5ver find a good spot to camp. We are planning the trip sometime this fall, thinking maybe around mid Nov. Then we will look the area over from there. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Dave, according to my camping with the Corps of Engineers campground book Sam Rayburn has five COE campgrounds at least 4 of them with 50 amp service and can handle units from 50 ft to 65 ft.

The campground are: Ebenezer, Hanks Creek, Mill Creek, Rayburn and San Augustine.

I have not stayed at any of these COE parks but I have stayed at Lake Steinhagen COE park which is about 25 miles from Rayburn and they were very good. I have never stayed ay a COE park that wasn't good.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I know you are not asking, but I will pass this information along anyway. On Lake 'o The Pines near Jefferson, Ore City, and Marshall there are two excellent campgrounds--one on each side of the dam. One is called Brushy Creek, the other Buckhorn (?)
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote