Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
PERetired
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3897
The Quartzsite circle has formed

What a great group of people! We have 10 Montanas in our circle with another joining us tomorrow. Yesterday it rained and was cold as we all moved in, but today was great with sun all day. Some went to the RV Show, others played games this afternoon, and conversation was flowing all day. Our first campfire was also tonight. Anyone in Quartzsite come by and see us and definitely show up for our pizza get-together on Monday at noon. Mary Kay

Old 01-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm so jealous but I hope you have sunshine every day from now on. Wish we could be in two places at once.

Helen
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #3
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Hope someone gets a picture overhead like they did last year. It sounds like you're all having a lot of fun!! Wish we could be there!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I've had that feeling often, Helen. We wish you were here! Yesterday we had our first outdoor session of Mexican Train. Played until sundown when the coolness of the desert drove us indoors. It's a beautiful sight with all these Montanas in a circle and a mountains in the background.

We've had a lot of fun watching our dogs play together. Greta can be a grumpy Queen Bee but generally they're delighted to see one another. Dennis and Mary Kay's baby, Bandit, is sooooo cute and friendly. Such fun!

This is what MOC is all about!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Oh now you've gone and done it. You have made me turn green with envy. Give the pups a hug from us.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #6
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Good Morning All! Well it looks to be another beautiful sunny day here in Quartzsite. Weather calls for gusty winds later on today and tomorrow, but as long as the sun is shinning and it is not raining we are going to have a great time!

We have met several new MOC'ers here, as well as old friends, and are really enjoying everyones company. We are having an impromptu "happy hour" with potluck snacks this afternoon around 3:00pm if anyone would like to stop by. And we can hardly wait for our "Pizza get-together" on Monday. Should prove to be a blast!

All of the dogs are exploring everyones RV's and each other, they are sooo cute! Bandit and Dutches are constantly running circles around each other, what a hoot! Dutches had Dennis in stitches last night when she was visiting with him.

We had a few visitors stop by yesterday, hope to see them all again today or tomorrow, so we can get some pictures, we forgot to have the camera at ready yesterday. See you all in the sun!

Joy
Old 01-21-2007, 06:25 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We stopped by and visited the circle yesterday. It is always a pleasure to meet more MOC'ers. Many of use will be in The Apache Junction area in Feb so it looks like another Mini Rally in the works.We were miss informed about Quartzsire during the "week" It was not bumper to bumper traffic.. although with all the desert wasteland around you would think they could find more places to park..50% of the traffic is folks looking for a place to park. It was not overly crowded in the "big tent " area. We did not find any "good deals" the prices were in general higher than any at camper world for the same product.We had planned to be there but after our "isolated incident" and the failure of the 12v side of our fridge we had to opt out but will do it at another time.. The MOC site was well chosen..Perhaps next year.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I know it's kind of late notice, but with the wind bellowing as much as it is right now, we have decided to put off the happy hours get-together for today, maybe we can do it later in the week. of Course if anyone shows up, we can still accommodate them in one or more of the many rigs that are here. Oh, I might add.... NO one has their awnings out today! .
Joy
Old 01-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Good decision, Joy! I'm afraid we might blow away just walking across the center of the circle. It reminds me of a windy day in the Rio Grande Valley.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
We are newbies to the MOC gathering, but have been made to feel very welcome. We had a great campfire last night. The wind curtailed our activities for this afternoon, but we are still enjoying huddling out of the wind. Really great people. Judy
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #11
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
You guys must be having fun, we are getting your dust all the way down to Yuma! Quite the wind yesterday, and they are calling for more today!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 AM   #12
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
All 11 Montanas are here now, YOU should see the circle, it is impressive. What a great group of people the MOC'ers are. We are having a get together today so if you are in the neighborhood today come on by.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 AM   #13
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Boy this has been great,what a great bunch od people
Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #14
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
It doesn't get any better than this. The pizza was great, the campfire tonight was also great. We hope to make this a yearly tradition and look forward to attending more rallies in the future. Don and Judy
Old 01-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
How come you have the wagons in a circle, have you seen riders up on the hill.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #16
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

It reminds me of a windy day in the Rio Grande Valley.
Judy,
This winter in the RVG is not at all like last winter. It has been cold, wet, and not much wind. I don't know what has happened to the sun, but it is not making its presence felt in the valley so far this winter. Hoping for better weather to come. It seems to be cold everywhere except the southernmost tip of Florida, and we can't all fit in there.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Quote:
quote:Judy,
This winter in the RVG is not at all like last winter. It has been cold, wet, and not much wind. I don't know what has happened to the sun, but it is not making its presence felt in the valley so far this winter. Hoping for better weather to come. It seems to be cold everywhere except the southernmost tip of Florida, and we can't all fit in there.

Ah, Come on Down. We'll make room for y'all.

Helen
Old 01-23-2007, 03:00 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
There you go, bragging again, Helen!

John, our son in Illinois keeps sending us weather bulletins about the snow in Arizona, just to rub in the fact that we've driven all this way to be in warm (?) weather! Yesterday was beautiful and we were able to have our pizza party outside. Looks like it's going to start warming up plus several of us are heading farther south to see the Organ Pipe area. And you can't beat the sight of the sun coming up over the mountains.

Hope your weather warms up in the Valley. And we'll try to forget about those folks basking in Florida! LOL!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 AM   #19
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
This is our first mini-rally, and boy are we happy we made the effort to make it here to Quartsite. We have felt so welcomed by the all who have attended, and wouldn't want to ever miss anohter one. Laughter and lifelong friendships are par for the day.....The circle is very impressive!

Now, we have a schedule...rally-to-rally...OH, what a life!

Robbie and Alice

Old 01-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #20
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Well, Mel and I had to go back to Yuma today, Although we have to admit, it is nice to have our full hookups back again, and a long hot shower felt really good, we still miss everyone back at the Q-circle! I look outside tonight at the dark, and in my minds eye, I see everyone "around the campfire" enjoying the evening and good company.. I think they are leaving tomorrow to further their adventure on the road. You all have a great time, and we wish we could be with you. Take Care.
Joy & Mel
Closed Thread