Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Royal Visa Gold medical coverage

I have good medical coverage for Medical in Canada but when I travel to the USA , Donna and I are fully covered for a maximum of 45 days a year by our Royal Bank Gold Visa. This included our kids when they were younger and this coverage is only good until you are 65 years old.

This type of coverage is handy because even if you go across the Line for a day, you are covered and no hassle to go and buy it for specific periods of time.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We buy our coverage through Travel Underwriters. We buy it for a year and can be away for 65 days at a time, after that we have to buy extra coverage. We used to get it through RBC but they were more expensive and only did it for approx 30 days at a time.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Thanks for the info DiananColin, right now I get the Gold Visa as part of the VIP pkg that works for me at this time. When I retire in 4 years , I hope to spend more than 45 days a year in the US so I will keep Travel Underwriters in mind.
My Dad will be 80 in Aug and just had some hospital tome in Yuma Arizona where he has spent his winters for the last 16 years. He got a fibrulator/pacemaker put in his chest. Dad is lucky and part of his retirement package was complete medical coverage every where and that is a good thing because we found out last week, the bill for his treatment.....162,000 Can his Cost 00

I won't have great coverage so I will be buying it but I do know a lot of my Dad's friends had medical problems and the insurance premiums became so high , they no longer travel south and that is a pity. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote