Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
What we like about RV Parks

Hi everyone, We were wondering what you like best about the RV Parks you have stayed at? We like having two sizes of dog runs for our pets and having dump & baggage stations around the park.(for those who forget their doggie bags) We also like having a heated pool and spa,fitness center,game rooms,laundry,wi-fi etc. Please let us know what you like the best about the park. Thanks

traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
wifi is really nice...out camping as we speak and the rack of ribs is almost done....and it's finally raining...and doesn't slow us down in the least...
The margaritas don't hurt either...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'm a gettin old, but these are the things I like -

Separation on the drive-throughs so my porch is looking at something besides the neighbors slide and his waste line doesn't run under my picnic table -

Grass - Stayed on a grassy lot last week and it was lovely. Even forgive the sprinkler system that came on and soaked my chair overnight.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Cement pads. Paved roads & trimmed trees. And if it's not too much to ask for great neighbors and clear skys. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
The park we are at right now is great, but the site we have, we can't put our awning out due to a tree too close to it. We can only put it a 1/3 of the way out. All the park connections are at the rear of the site or I would move forward past the tree. I haven't purchased an extension cord yet or a bigger extension for the sewer hose. I like a mid site sewer dump because most units now have a mid-ship dump. When we step out we have to step on the grass and not the asphalt the unit sits on. It is a really long site though. Yesterday we had a knock on our door from the Park Manager telling us he had over booked another site and wanted to know if we could share ours. Of course we told him and with our unit we still had enough space to put a 38ft Monaco motorhome in front of our trailer. We did have to park the B.A.R.T (Big A@# Red Truck) somewhere else close by. The couple was really nice and they have a really cool website, check it out sometime www.mobilelifestyle.com They sell a lot of cool RV items and pet t-shirts. We really think having a concrete patio that you can put your awning out over is the way to stay. Thanks for your experiences.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Full hookups are a must...No full hooks...no Rich& Helen. We prefer pull throughs (Big rig friendly. When we call ahead we say....we are nearly 40 feet long, 4 slides, 13.3 Feet high and total length Truck and camper is @ 55 feet. We need a pull through with full hooks 50amp service.We may have to make 2 or three calls bit we always are satisfied and never surprised.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We, to, like the full hookups. With the washer/dryer it is a necessity when the wash is done. Other than that, we try most anything, as long as it is clean.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 AM   #8
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Wide spots with a little privacy created by shrubs is really nice. Quiet nieghbors, off the freeway a little and not near railroad tracks a diffenet plus. Hot tub in the winter and a pool in the summer. Good bicycle riding so you can get out and see the area and get a little exercise.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:13 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Only have two pre-requisites, FHU's and room to put out the awning (a want, not a need). All other is inconsequential, we celebrate being out of the stick house. However, any other amenities (pool, hot tub, bike trails, playground, wifi, cable TV, etc.) are looked upon as additional blessings!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
What do we like?

ohhhh, all the goodies! specially if we are gonna sit there for a while. While in Texas, 50 amp, large sites, long sites, level sites, paved sites, and lots of goodies at the campground, pool, hot tubs, clean laundries, pet play areas, good neighbors, ALL of it

other times, depends on where we wanna go. I stop in Fort Wayne to do research, small city park, water and electric, go to the dump, usually muddy if there has been any rain. No matter, it is 10 minutes to the library, it is cute, quiet, nice campground hosts, works just fine.

The lake, 15 days, no water, only 30 AMP, must use the shower house, but, we are at the lake, with family, boat, friends, fishing, swimming, campfires, etc. I make 60 gallons of fresh water last the entire 15 days. It works just fine!

I don't want: rude, noisy neighbors, or to feel unsafe in the campground. Other than that, since 1972, we have never felt we could not deal with whatever the conditions are in any specific campground, cept ONE time, we almost did not make 12 hours at that place.

When we run, we do as Richfaa, we call ahead, tell them our length, and that we must have a pull through, as we are NOT going to unhook, only one time since owning Tana was that ALMOST a problem, the people running that place were not the smartest cogs on the wheel, if ya get my drift.

We stay where ever Big Butt drags us, where ever we want to be, or need to be. We almost always can deal with whatever conditions we run into, not always the happiest, but we manage. Rude neighbors, rude campground owners, and misleading advertisements from the campground, and bad electric, or water systems don't make us very happy tho!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Sitting here at 8100 ft. with no phone service without a Yagi and booster. Been here two weeks now and things are fine. TV and internet off solar. Parked 50 feet from the lake (could be at the waters edge). Peliguins (sp) ducks and geese all over the place. Coyotes at night. All free. No need for RV parks.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Full hook ups for the week or longer stay. H2O and electric if only staying a night or two.
WiFi, as we now have, is a plus but with the AirCard usually not necessary.
Pull thrus are nice but not a prerequisite.
Paved sites are fine but again not necessary as long as the site is level.
Grassy or concrete pad for just sitting out a well desired spot.
Laundry for those week long stays.
Amenities such as pool, hot tubs, playgrounds, pools, spas, game rooms, etc are absolutely a waste of money. It's all these amenities that drive up the costs of campgrounds and with it our rates. Lorraine and I very seldom take advantage of any of them. An amenity loaded campground are the KOAs and look at their rates..THEY'RE THRU THE ROOF.
Once we are set up in a campground we become "TOURISTS" and spend the biggest part of the day outside of the park. When we get back to the campgrond it's usually to just sit back, relax and try to figure out what's up for tomorrow. Than maybe a little TV and of course the MOC. Don't have time for amenities.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I can see glenn and wife in all the antique shops as we do ,, wait till you get farther south or in the smokies , lots of antiques john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Full hook ups are a must!! We also call ahead to make sure they have room for our length and slide outs.
Like a level site, don't need wi-fi since I have the air card, no need for laundry place since we have that on board too.
Would like to have room for awning. Trees trimmed. Not too many trees. We have been in places where trees were between our slide outs!

A good campground makes people control their dogs and keep them on leash. Last time we were camped July 4th week. Two big dogs were walking without leash. One tried to attack Lucy Lou but she is OK and very lucky! Don picked her up so the dog couldn't get her. Told the office and they took care of it. After I talked to the lady owner of the dogs.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #15
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We want FHU's, a hot tub for my DW and level sites. Prefer asphalt or concrete for the Monty and grass around. Much better than dirt and/or gravel. But, what the hay! It is great being on the road.

I don't mind back-ins because I think that I should stay in practice for the times that Stella (our GPS - we call her Stella from the movie "Street Car Named Desire" if you get my drift), messes up and puts us on a road that has no outlet and tight turn arounds.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
If we are going to stay in a park for more than one day then full hook ups, pull thru prefered, pool and spa, room to put the awning out, trees for shade and grass. Most important of all a clean well lighted big shower and restroom with a good shower head and no low flow stuff.

If it is just overnight then a pull thru and electric are all we really need.

Oh yeah level pads always.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
Level site is very desireable - gravel or hardtop is ok - Full hook ups for more than a couple of days - otherwise - water and 30a. is adequite. Site width is a must - some room between us and the next guy - shrubs / trees are desired.

Oh - and probably most important - a hole thru the greenery for the Dish 500 to look thru so the "enquiring minds" can stay current.

When we're boondocking - the 60gal fresh and 2000i Honda handle the needs for a few days.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
What we like is, each camp site offers it's own sense of adventure as you have pro and cons with every site. How to arrange the chairs, where the table would best fit, do you use the full carpet or fold it, or if you can do you use the smaller carpet.

Neighbors.....do I want to see them or pretend they are not there... LOL

Wi-Fi at a campsite is a plus.......
FREE wireless is even better and will usually mean we will mark this place for a repeat visit
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #19
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
we are just back from a couple of weeks in the Colorado wilderness. Now I usually like my WiFi, water/sewer hookups, microwave etc. BUT, it was also wonderful without phone service, no TV ... and be set up right by a mountain creek. Our kids and their spousal units joined us, and set up their "fridges" in the creek. We enjoyed the local wildlife and related sounds of nature. The solar panal did a good job with keeping us nice and warm when needed. Our sons enjoyed acting like "Survivor Guy"....
so i guess it depends on where you end up, and who you are with, and just what you want to do when you wake up.
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote