Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Well, I was going to let it go.. but not now.

They sent me 2ea 5 micron filters, should have been 1ea 5 micron and 1ea 1 micron.
They advertise on ebay and in their enclosed paperwork 1 and 5.
Now I am having to fight them on that.
Why is it always ME....

Hi,
I looked at the filters, (the two end ones) they both looked identical, I had my wife look at them with her magnifier glasses, (she works with extremely small glass beads as a hobby) she said they looked identical to her. I don't know if you can visually tell the difference between a 5 micron and a 1 micron filter. They both had Red tape on the plastic wrapping if that matters.
I am a Journeyman Pipefitter, so this is within my skill set, you sent 2 5's and I need a 1.

Them:
Since we have a very high controlled inspection system, we would like you to inspect your package again for the missing item; the item is enclosed with the in the box, please note that this package went through three inspectors before it was shipped out. Please confirm that the package was received by you (not by any third party), was closed when receiving, and that there are no tags or carrier labels for random inspection process.
Regards

Max Water Customer Support team
Mon-Fri: 9AM-5PM EST

They are nominal filters designed for our Reverse Osmosis systems.
So all the filter are included in your package now, check you TDS level it is 95% rejection

Me:
So you are telling me, even with the advertised 5 micron and 1 micron filters, you are sending different filters, both 5 micron...or less quality.
Any way you spin it, you are not delivering what you advertise.
I suggest you send me the advertised filter on the 3 rd stage: "1 micron sediment filter or carbon block"
I know how important it is to sellers on ebay to have a clean selling record, but unless I get what was advertised and what I paid for I will raise hell on here. and I know how to do that.
J

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
It seems more and more companies are taking on the attitude of "how would you know what you're talking about, you're just the customer". I recently had to call the tech help line for a computer router that did not work on 1 of my computers. The guy tries to tell me I have no internet coming from my modem, even though 2 other computers work fine????? He did not want to even listen to me and of course I got frustrated hung up and went out and bought another companies router. But in defense of companies employees, most companies have scripts that employees must follow to the letter. They are not allowed to think for themselves. When I started with Verizon I was a service rep. Back then you were allowed to talk to customers and solve their problems. But then we started to get scripts. We were forced to read and say exactly what was on the scripts, no deviation. I could not do that anymore so moved outside as an installer. At first we repaired the calling customers service but if we saw a problem with someone elses we repaired that too to avoid problems for them,,,,good customer service. But then they started the procedure that we fix the calling customers service and leave the rest, no matter it was either out of service or about to be out. Hmm bad customer service. The kicker is the company would get upset that their customer satisfaction numbers are in the dumper and would blame the employees for it....... In your case why couldn't they just listen to the customer and how much could it cost them to just mail out another filter to keep a customer happy if necessary......I think the days of good customer service for many companies is a thing of the past.
Ok I'm done ranting now lol lol...and yeah there are still a few good companies...good luck getting the right parts....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
so what they are saying is, you are blind and can't read and a third person opened the package,switched filters,resealed it and then gave it to you. Also there is no way that 3 of their "highly qualified" employees missed that on inspection.
So after that very personable response, you are still upset with them??? I can't understand why??? :-)
OZZ, you should have known that they would have all the answers, I am surprised that they at least are teaching them to form a sentence now.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
First of all who's buying the story that they have three filter inspectors for every order Did you pay $100 a filter? Second, if there were three inspectors involved, I'll bet more than three beers were also involved!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Incredible! You're being jerked around over a $6 filter! I hope you never have to claim under any advertised "warranty" from these people!!
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
So, Ozz, I wonder how they would expect you to have the filters in question in hand if "some third party" had received the shipment????????????:-)
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Ozz, I can't address why everything happens to you, but it might be some consolation that you're not alone - I'm the same way. As for the micron size, one micron is .000001 of an inch, so I'm betting telling the difference between the two by eye, even if magnified, would be difficult. I would think they would be marked or different colors to distinguish between the two.

BTW: Most ebay sellers I have dealt with have been ok, but I run into a stinker once or twice. Maybe you should ask if you sent a $1 bill instead of $10, if they would be acceptable.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
what if we got the email for the vender and each send a letter complaining about this guy ozz bad mouthing their product and give him whatever he wants and needs
just a thought
mikey
thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I like the way you think Mikey
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
File a protest with ebay/paypal as they have a buyer protection plan and deny the credit card payment as wrong item received. The credit card company always sides with the consumer first and will usually delay the payment for up to 60 days. I bet that gets your filter to you.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I am trying everything I can do to try and not file a formal complaint. If they do send me the correct filter, then the blemish would be still on their record. Just resolved.
They don't appreciate that I am trying to work with them , they are just giving me attitude.
The latest:
In your very first email you indicated that you have missing 1 filter, Now obviously showing that you received all filters 5 micron filter, GAC filter and a 1 micron filter.
If you are not satisfied with the system you can ship the system back.

I never stated I was missing 1 filter.. just that both first and third were the same 5 and 5 not 5 and 1 micron... now they are really getting snotty, they know I already installed the system.
I am about to explode on them, but I will try one more time.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My latest back to them:
I don't know why this is so difficult, you know this isn't war. I am a customer, you are selling a great product, I found everything to be good quality. The filters are the issue. You advertised on ebay certain filters, I got different filters. Why not just send me the correct filter..as advertised, and I will be happy and recommend your company to my friends on The Montana Owners Club and Escapee's Rv Club. I have a Heating, Cooling and Refrigeration business and install filter systems along with my other service.
Why be difficult, I have not slammed you on Ebay, I have been trying to work this out. There is no need for war on this small matter.
And you know I already installed the system, so sending it back is a rather frivolous suggestion by you.
Jim
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I have 3 Reverse Osmosis running at our place, I also service a few friends Osmosis. I always buy my filters from Costco. They have a very good price and they ship for free.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Stay after them, Ozz. I had a problem with our MH...the dealer lied to us about a problem he knew about, did not fix and did not tell us about. Over the last six months, I've sent two registered letters to the same VP, he has virtually ignored me other than to pass a message to me via a tech that said they could not fix it without charge because the warranty had expired. On 11/19, I called the factory trying to find somebody I could discuss this with...other than the guy I was writing. Long story short, I got hold of another VP who said, "sounds like you need to bring that coach to us and let us fix it." I leave tomorrow.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
mel, if you find a good supplier in today's economy, stay with them.
Good for you Hooker, glad you kept on them until they fixed it.