Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Levelup plus Xfactor

In 1 week I drive up to Manteca RV in Manteca CA (just south of Sacramento) to have the Lippert Levelup system installed on our Monty. While the unit is there I'll put on my Xfactor struts. The older I get the more automatic I want everything to be. Should be a fun outing. Then on to Vacaville to watch my 10 year old grandson play in an ice hockey tournament. A retired person's work is never done....what are ya gonna do.

BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You'll love adding the level up, we sure do.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Montana3800RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12821
X2 also love ours once you learn how to use it. Ran into a guy from Texas this summer that accidently hit the wrong buttons and went into auto retract and lowered his 5ver down on the TV and couldn't get it shut down in time before the damage was done ..........
Montana3800RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
I had Manteca RV install the level up system on my 3400 about 6 months ago and am very pleased with it. I can't say enough about how good Manteca RV was. I was very satisfied with their service.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Glad to hear the feedback Capt Kidd. I think you posted once before that they did a good job on yours. Based on what everybody says, I'm sure I'll love it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Brokenelbow... what are your plans for autoleveling and auto-aiming that nice HD satellite dish? Like you said, it's all about auto everything.

Oh my gosh, "Brokenelbow"! I just realized the MOC name you picked. That sure sounds like a painful name - Broken Elbow, Ouch! I can see how you'd like things more automatic. Any more automatic and you'll be in a Class A. My wallet will forever prevent me from being truly fully automatic. But I sure like reading about you MOCers who keep getting closer to that.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Art:
When I was 7 years old I broke my left elbow that left me with permanent lack of movement in my left arm (from a 90 degree position, i can go about 10 degrees more open and 10 degrees more closed). Since then, my handle (when I need one) has been "BrokenElbow". It never kept me from doing much, I lettered in track (high jump and high hurdles) in high school, was a racing skipper for UCLA sailing club, martial arts for 10 years, registered skin diver, private pilot, trained dogs and horses and am an 8 handicap golfer and I work out every day. In fact, I would say that having that physical challenge motivated me to do many of the hobbies I have picked up over the years. My son wants me to get a class A for just the reasons you mention, but the wife and I really like our Monty. I was thinking of putting an automatic dish on the roof, but with the signal meter I got, it only takes a few minutes to set up the dish. This is a great forum and you folks have been great in sharing your experiences. Thanks for the contact.
Steve
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Thanks for the explanation. You've obviously done more with you're mishap than I ever have or will without any challenges, so good for you! It still sounds painful...

I was just teasing about the satellite dish since you mentioned "automatic". I also use the manual method so I can position the dish wherever would be the best spot (no trees or other blockages).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
I'm up at Manteca RV right now and Jamie and Brian (the installation team from Manteca RV) are doing what appears to be, a very professional installation of the Levelup system on our Monty. I'm impressed. I saw them testing it this afternoon, wow it is fast compared to the old landing gear. I think I'm going to love this system. These guys appear to be very knowledgeable if any of you are looking for a west coast "certified" installation dealer for the Levelup System.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One of the great things about the level up is that once you push the button you can go about other things while the rig levels it's self. I usually have the electric hooked up and have started the water hook up by the time it's done working out what's level. The only thing to remember is that when you push that auto level button the front end drops so make sure your truck isn't still under it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
You guys are Killing Me with this Levelup System thing. I would love to have it installed on our Monty but the cost is stopping us right now until we start working again. Maybe next year at the Fall Rally. Keeping my fingers crossed (and my toes, eyes, arms, etc.)
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

You guys are Killing Me with this Levelup System thing. I would love to have it installed on our Monty but the cost is stopping us right now until we start working again. Maybe next year at the Fall Rally. Keeping my fingers crossed (and my toes, eyes, arms, etc.)
I hear ya. It's not the least expensive mod you can make. Good luck with the work thing.