Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Looking forward to my new home

Hello All
Name here is Rick I am on Vancouver Island B.C. Can.
I am in the process of picking up a Montana 3485SA. Or the New Aniverisy model. I will be making this my full time Home. Hopeing to find a New Lady friend to share this with me as I just lost the Love of my live, forty five yrs.all gone to soon. Sorry to cry here but I am supposed to talk about it to help get rid of the sorrow.
I must start over again and I am looking forward to traveling in this new unit. and enjoying the rest of my time meeting new friends.
Love the information on washers and dryers on here. picking up some more info.
73! All Rick

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Welcome Rick! Hope you enjoy your new rig! Sorry about your recent loss. You will make many new friends here!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Rick,
Welcome to the MOC, from a fellow BCer.
Sorry about your loss, I couldn't even imagine how that would feel.
We now live on the Sunshine Coast, but bought some property in Campbell River.
Plan to live up there in the Summer, down South in the winter, God willing and the creeks don't rise.
You've picked a good place to meet new friends, here on the MOC.
Maybe see you on the Road some Time.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wow, what a burden to bear. 45 years is a great record. Dianna and I take care of one another, but we know a day will come when one of us has to leave the other behind. It keeps us focused on enjoying each other while we can. I officiated my father's forth wedding when he was 81. He married a wonderful 83 year old lady. They had 11 years together before dad departed.

I plan to attend her 100th birthday March 29. She had outlived two other husbands. They were grand together. Each one had suffered so much grief, but found each other and happiness. I just wanted to share some hope with you from others who have walked the path you now travel.

Welcome to the MOC.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rick we are sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new unit. Hope the future is bright for you. You are going to meet many nice people in your travels ahead.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Rick!! Your story of the loss of your soulmate seems to be one that many have had to endure these days. May those 45 years of great memories comfort you every day. Good luck with your new beginnings, sounds like you've got the right attitude. You will find your time here very rewarding as well, keep us posted!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:14 AM   #7
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Welcome to MOC, Rick
As you have probably seen by being on this site; we are all your friends and this is a good, safe place to be.
Welcome aboard and hope to see you at a rally someday.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Rick, welcome to the MOC forum. We are so sorry for your loss. This is a great place for learning new things about your new chosen lifestyle and also meeting some fabulous people. We have made good friends with other Montana owners through this forum. Hope you can make it to the 2008 MOC Fall Rally at Goshen, IN in September. There will be a large group of people who are Montana owners and some that have been in your position, also.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Rick
Sorry for your loss, welcome to the forum, lots of good people. Since you signed 73 I assume you are/were a ham?

73 Mike
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Welcome Rick. This is a great place to mend.

KE5QG
73's
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You have 45 years of wonderful memories.

You might consider joining Escapees. They have a number of subgroups for people of like interests, called "birds of a feather," or BOF. One of those groups is for singles. Might be one way to meet other singles with RV interests.

Stiles, congratulations to your Mother for her 100th birthday on March 29th. That same day would have been my Mother's 83rd birthday. This will be my first March 29th without her. And the following day, which would have been my Father's 87th birthday, will be my first March 30th without him.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #12
nghelwer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7751
Welcome to the MOC Rick,

Sorry about your loss.

May the Lord bring another partner to be able to share your new adventures with you.

nghelwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Rick,
Welcome to the Montana Family.
I am sorry ot hear of your loss. Just remember there are new roads up ahead. Life is always an adventure.

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #14
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Hello Everyone
I just want to THANK YOU ALL for the Nice words.
And I am having a good time on the MOC here trying to learn about fifthing (new word) I am picking up some good information here.
I wood like to see a 3400RL with the side ille bathroom I just don't like the Split bath room models.
A little update for you all. I put the stick home up for sale to day so hope it don't take to long to sell then I will be hitting the road.
I have just picked up a 08 Silverado 3500 HD 4x4 long box with the D/A
and trailer tow package and build into the dash brake system.
I am looking forward to meeting some of you on the road somewhere.
Thanks again for help and good words.
Rick.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #15
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Hello All,
I would just like to take a minute here and say thanks for all the good words.
I have been busy this past summer,So just to bring you all up to date. My three boys have kept me pretty busy doing things for them and their families.
On June 28th. I took a trip to the Calgary Stampede then the trip back across the South part of B.C. visiting with friends and Family,
My home here still hasn't sold and the market is falling so may half to wait a while longer, But it will happen and then I will be on my way,
Arizona is looking better everyday now that the weather is changing.
Yes I am a amateur Radio Operator ve7reh For those who are intrested look at www.islandtrunksystem.org
Well this will have to do for now, Once again thank you all.
73! R.E.H.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 AM   #16
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Rick,
As other have said we are sorry for your loss. MOC is a family and we care for each other, tell them what we feel (sometimes not what they want to hear) and are always looking out for each other.
Since this is a big move for you into the "new word" fifthing, I suggest you take your time buying. Search on the web for your style and then go live in it for at least four hours. By live in it I mean sit and watch TV, make a meal, cook popcorn, sit at the dinning room table, stand up and turn the light on, MAKE THE BED, definately take a shower in both style units (shower and garden tub), then clean them. Take the time to go through the moves in your mind and physically. The showers are tight.
I have three requirements when I am in the tow mode. I want access to the POTTY, fridge, and the bed so I can cat nap if I want. I really like the road side hall way. That one does not let me into the bedroom when in the transport (tow) mode. So look at the one you like in both modes Tow and living.
Since this is going to be your home look at the BIG SKY models. They have some polish and nice features that the Montana does not. I like the idea of the dinning room ceiling light switch on the wall instead of having to stand up and turn on the light at the fixture.
I just reread you posts and saw the call sign, VE7REH. I was going to ask what it was because I caught the "73".
Again welcome to the forum and ask questions. Lots of good info here.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
H. John Kohl makes some VERY good points - I hope you heed them. We are on our second Monty (ordered a Big Sky 340RLQ) for many of the reasons that John states.

And, you know, life has a way of making you and everyone around you, GREAT. After two failed marriages, I met the love of my life who shares my desires to be a nomadic wanderor. After two years, we are still enjoying our 3400RL and are looking forward to many more years in our 340RLQ. When I divorced for the second time (and I realize you did not and I am sorry for your loss) I thought I would be single for the rest of my life. Guess what? I am very happy with Kathy.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #18
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Hi Everyone,
I have been a busy Boy since last writing on here, So will try and update you all now,
And thanks for All the good wishes,
First of all never got the 3485SA that I was looking for things just didn't work out for me at the time.
I did manage to get a small travel trailer 20ft. and took it to Yuma Arizona in January of 09 where I met a lovely lady from Idaho.

We have now gotton together, and today I purchessed a 2009 3400RL we will be picking it up on Saturday, So we are looking forward to getting on the road with it. It will be pulled by a 08 duramax 3500 silverado with the allison transmission.

I am sure you will be hearing more from Us Judy and I in the near future.
Rick
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's great news. Things are coming along for you.

Congratulations on your new Monty. You might want to look for the new owner's PDI (pre-delivery inspection) checklists that have been put together by many of the MOC members through the experiences of picking up a new trailer and performing a thorough checkout. I did not belong to the MOC when I bought my new Monty and missed my chance to provide a thorough PDI not having this checklist as a guide and suffered through some nits and problems.

I hope someone sees my comments and directs you to this PDI checklist quickly. In the meantime, I will try and find it.

MOC MEMBERS, PLEASE HELP!!!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Rick... here's how to access the PDI checklists on MOC Forum. Let me know if you are able to find them.

1.) http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html
2.) Click on the PDI checklists link.
3.) Click on the PDI checklists and print them out to take with you.

It is recommended you read through these prior to your walkthrough so you can get an idea what to expect. Then armed with a flashlight (maybe you can use the one that is provided with your rig but take a spare anyway) a pencil and a pad, you can perform your pre-delivery inspection.

I hope your Monty dealer has set up plenty of time for this!

Have fun and best of luck with the new Monty, new friends and new adventures.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote