Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
fwcombs

M.O.C. #14138
New 3402RL - Introduction and Movement/Stabilizers

My wife and decided to be full timers as my job allows me to work remotely as long as I have an internet connection. So we just purchased this fine unit as well as a used 2010 F-350 long bed for towing. I work on computers / web site software, my wife is a homemaker and we currently have two cats as our family. Probably will be getting another do at some point now that we have the new trailer.

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with movement in the Montana trailers. I am a little disappointed, it seems to move around more than I expected. It came with the level up 6 point hydraulic system but there still seems to be quite a bit of side to side movement. Makes it kind of hard to work on the computer on at times.

The trailer tows great and the only issues I have had so far are some of the light switches are in odd places, the trailer to truck plug for lights and brake came unplugged, I think because I made a hard turn and I didn't realize it soon enough, and the movement in the trailer. Those are the only items so far, but we are still learning a lot about the trailer.

I love being able to pull into a sight and hitting the auto level on the hydraulic jack system.

Still learning how it tows and hookup / disconnect procedure, this is our first 5th wheel ... owned a travel trailer for 3 years prior.

Here is a picture of the new 5ver.

fwcombs is offline   Reply With Quote