Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Campgrounds in VA Beach, VA

Just spent the weekend at Holiday Trav-L-Park at rally put on by our dealership. Understand it was by majority decision to use that campground again. Second time for rally at Holiday and I have not stayed at the VA Beach KOA just down the street (which according to Trailer Life might be more expensive) but would like some opinions by those that might have stayed at both or at least the KOA.

We had major power problems related to the power company but no-one warned us or even let us know when it was fixed, sat in dark for over an hour. The ceiling light, only one on 110 volts started flickering so checked voltmeter and it jumping all over the place. Turned off breaker on panel and went outside to find neighbor with do open and a smoking converter. Lots of rain 8-10 inches that day/night so guess it was the cause. The office burned all their computers during it so I was told. Maybe isolated to our area of campground but since power company involved?

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
We have stayed many times at the Holiday Trav-L-Park in virginia beach. (FCRV club does a lot of their statewide and regional campouts there). We have also done the halloween specials there. It is nice and has a lot going on but is a bit pricey for our tastes. If you end up near the pool area the Saturday night entertainment (live band) can be a bit much if it is not your type of music. They have a nice dog park including raised platforms for washing your dog on.

We have "visited" the KOA on a number of occasions but many of the sites are tight for Monties and the roads down the roads are kind of rough.

With the exception of price you will not be disappointed with Holiday. I have never heard of power problems there before so that is definately not the norm.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I do so believe in my Progressive Industries PT-50C.

Thanks for the information on the CG's in that area. I was stationed in Norfolk and lived in VB. Plan on visiting the area one of these days.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
gregh9999
Established Member

M.O.C. #8671
Hummm, I also was at the same Southern RV sponsored event. I came in late afternoon Friday, and missed all of the "fun".

We really like that park. We were there twice this year. During the summer, it's hard to beat the Park owned beach parking. We even used the bus to spend an evening on the boardwalk.
gregh9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Gregh,
The only thing better is if you have military benefits. The campground at Dam Neck Annex (just 1- 1.5 miles south of Holiday Trav-L-Park) has a campground just the other side of the dunes from the ocean. John Kohl, Ann, Lisa and I spent a weekend there together a year or so back. They are currently in the process of adding 40 new sites to the campground, all with 50AMP and sewer.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote