Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2004, 03:18 AM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Back Online

Thought I should pop in and bring you all up to date on what is happening in our lives.
Have spent the last six weeks traveling back and forth between GA and WV working on the vacation house remodeling in preparation for our retirement. Have completed most of the work in the basement for a new family room and added bathroom. This house will be the location to meet with our kids, etc for holidays as we intend to spend most of our time in the Montana seeing this beautiful country.
On May 18, our oldest grandson and his wife presented us with a perfect baby boy (our first great grandchild). This required a trip to Columbus,OH, to hold and cuddle that sweet little one.
We still have our home in GA on the market, have continued to sort and pack things and are planning an estate sale after we have pulled out everything we just can't bear to part with.
In the middle of all this...Tom has been scheduled for hip replacement surgery on July 21. He will continue to work for Delta using his accumulated medical leave. He has tentatively set his retirement date for September 1. We want to be free to enjoy the Rally in September and have also planned a week of RVing at Stone Mountain Park in early September.
Have missed reading all the posts on the MOC forum, but do not have local internet access at the vacation house with my current provider so was just checking email.
Welcome to all the new members and congrats to all those who have taken delivery on their new wheel estate during my absence.
Will keep you all posted on our activites and am really looking forward to the MOC Rally. Sure will be glad when this traansition is over!!

Tom & Joyce Holroyd
Fayetteville, GA
2003 Montana 3295RK
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4x4
6.0 Diesel

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Tom's surgery is scheduled for July 21. After this weekend of camping in TN, we have another short getaway (without the Montana) planned. Flying to Las Vegas on July 8 with friends to celebrate my birthday. Have tickets to see Celine Dion's show on Saturday the 10th. We are staying at Bellagios and will return here on the 13th. Tom will then work a few more days to tie up all the loose ends on his job and training his replacement. He will then go on medical leave beginning on the 20th. We are told recovery will take six weeks which will take him up to his retirement date. Will keep everyone posted. Do appreciate the thoughts and prayers of all the great MOC members. We are really looking forward to the Rally in September and meeting everyone!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Joyce H, congratulations on the great grandson. Please keep us posted on Tom's surgery, too.

Do you take the Montana to Columbus? If so, which rv park do you recommend? Our daughter and s-i-l are in Worthington. We've been staying at a park out by the lake north of there, forgot the name but it's across from the state park.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Steve,
Haven't taken the Montana to Columbus yet, but will be taking it up there in September on the way to the Rally. We will only be spending a couple of nights and fortunately we can park at our daughters home. She has a nice big yard and fortunately no restrictions on parking RVs. We will definitely be looking around in that area for a campground though, as we plan to spend more time close to the grandkids after retirement. Will let you know if we find a good place. The kids live in Pataskala which is just east of Columbus.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Joyce, we also plan to visit our daughter and son-in-law there either on the way to the rally or following the rally, depending on where we are before that! I'll try to remember and let you know if we'll be there before the rally, maybe we could all get together to say 'hi'. But my memory fails in these kinds of things so if you see me post we'll be in the area at that time you're there, be sure to wake me up!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Joyce,

Glad to see you back on-line. We'll be keeping Tom in our prayers for a successful surgery.

It'll be great to see you both at the Rally.

I ordered the vacuum! Now I wonder if I will be able to install it? LOL I may be having to bug you with questions. They don't have it in stock so they are going to mail it to our destination in Montana and I will start the project there and hopefully accomplish it. My biggest worry is how to get an outlet in the basement. I haven't a clue as to how to tap into the power? Cutting the hole in the wall next to the stairs has me a little nervous too, but hopefully it will line up.

Have a great 4th of July.

Your future plans sound so neat. I'm envying you. Seems like you have figured out the way to have the best of both worlds. Gotta love it.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote