Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Heavy winds take their toll

Poor old Bart. 60 MPH wind dumped a tree on him last night. He got the last laugh though-tree is cut up and stacked in his bed awaiting the wood stove. He served us well when he pulled the old 5'er. I guess he's with us for the duration now. Who else could appreciate his past efforts but us.

bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Know that feeling. Years ago had the 28 ft. trailer parked on a vacant part of the yard, and woke up one morning after a big Storm front went thru and there was a tree limb about 10-12 inches across, splitting right thru the middle of the trailer, about 2 ft from the floor. I knew putting it back in tip top shape for camping would be a huge chore, but I did need a Mobile Sign Shop rig, so gutted most of it out, rebuilt the roof and sides, put the air back in place, which worked just fine, and bingo, had a mobile sign shop, for making my hand routed art and name signs, which served me well for quite a few years. Put the router, shop vac. and supplies in the rear where the bunks once were, all the paints, drawing board and supplies in the front, with one side where the tree had been as a vendor window. Was much more efficient than my original motor home sign shop. Hope the repairs on the truck are not too terrible. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote