Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #21
Reset19
Established Member

M.O.C. #23160
We have a 2019 3120. The bathroom pivot door started making a groaning noise as we opened and closed the door. I found the top pivot hinge attachment to the door was to tight causing the door to hang from the top hinge. This put a bending torque on the pivot bar in the door jam (groaning noise). I adjusted the top hinge attachment letting the door ride on the bottom hinge and the top to be just a guide.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #22
SteveandTerri
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22227
Bathroom Door Fix

We had a similar problem on our rig. In our case, the channel that's fastened to the overhead door framing was loose. The door is suspended from the channel. On ours, 2 of the 3 screws that fasten the channel to the opening were bad. (One of them was completely missing.) The other screw was located where it met a metal object in the framing - and it never actually bit and took a grip. I secured the channel with new screws , locating them so they went into the wood framing, and the problem was solved. Up until that time, only 1 screw was actually holding the channel in place: it had worked loose due to shaking and vibration while being on the road, allowing the channel to come loose and sag.
SteveandTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:18 PM   #23
WA_Steve
Established Member

M.O.C. #21079
Pivot door hinge weld failure

I attached pictures of the pivot door hinge and exposed door frame. Our pivot door all of a sudden hung and swung crooked. In taking the door jam apart to expose the hinge I found the top weld had failed. I rewelded and reinstalled the door. It works well again.
WA_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #24
lightsout
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24938
Our Class A we recently sold to buy our Montana had a rear bath with a sliding door it rattle like crazy going down the road. I removed the door and put up a curtain, we ended up actually liking the curtain in terms a a privacy door, look it is not like the door adds much sound deadening. I plan to remove our swivel door in our 3791RD and install a curtain. The curtain will also give better clearance in the lake as well as the bath. Wife likes to do her primping with the door open especially after a shower so the open door blocks the hall and the bath at the same time since the door is half in and half out.

Look curtains are cheap try it if you do not like it put the door back
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #25
WA_Steve
Established Member

M.O.C. #21079
I suggested the curtain idea to my wife before fixing the door hinge. She vetoed the idea��
WA_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:01 PM   #26
lightsout
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24938
We were hesitant at 1st however thew wife loved the extra room and that should could dry out the bath much faster after showers. Since the doors have large gaps at the top and bottom and they are just light weight hollow doors they really do not provide any more privacy. Our 3791RD has a fairly small bath so for us it makes the bath so much bigger.

Frankly I do not understand why they (Keystone) did not use a sliding door like most bedroom doors.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 AM   #27
DebNJim B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21158
DW says one more time and she's putting a curtain up. I think one more time and I'll let her. I do like the thought of no intrusion of the hall.
On ours I think the slider was nixed because it would have to cut thru the fuse box.
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, door, hinges