Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
The PV to Florida Trip Continues

The Las Cruces, NM and El Paso stops to visit friends and Family was great but just plain hot. Glad to have a second air conditioner and the water misters I hang off the awning when in the heat of the South West deserts. The misters makes it very comfortable under the awning and allows us to BBQ and picnic outside.

We are now in San Antonio Texas. During the El Paso to San Antonio run we finally wore out the original Tocoma tires my 2005 Monty had. They still had plenty of tread on them but they started to shred from age. I put a set of the Firestone Transforcers on. I hope I get the same performance from these as I did from the Tocoma Tires. I have noticed that the Firestones don't seem to have the height as the Tocomas even though they are the same size. Any feed back???

Next leg is the Gulf Coast. I guess seafood is out because of the oil spill.

Tony & Ann

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
If you're looking for oysters then they will have to be brought in. Price for them has risen alot.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Yep Tony, Hugh mentioned the oysters, well just the other night on the news they were talking about all seafood along the Gulf Coast has gone sky high. So I guess it depends on high expensive your taste may be. Oh! Yes, and swimming in Florida's beautiful white sandy beaches is about out of the question.
Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Well I guess I'll have to wait for the white sandy beach of the east coast of Florida. I 'll get there before the oil gets there.

Tony & Ann
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tonycamacho

Well I guess I'll have to wait for the white sandy beach of the east coast of Florida. I 'll get there before the oil gets there.

Tony & Ann
You're gonna have to hurry to beat the oil.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
from what I understand the oil is only in the panhandle and not around the entire state of Florida. I am from the Tampa Bay area and I don't think they have any problems there. We are in Massachusetts with family right now, but the kids back home say it's still good there. Check it out
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Ditto, CasaDelSol, we live in Tampa as well. The beaches down this way are not affected at all yet, other than folks canceling out their reservations because they THINK there is oil here. Not to say there will not be, but not yet. We had campsites at Ft DeSoto park in St Pete Beach about 3 weeks ago, right on the water, and it was fabulous. (However, getting sites there on short notice is nearly impossible!)Florida is mostly open for business, so come on down and leave us some cash! Actually, except for maybe seafood, prices are lower because of the perception that we have oil everywhere.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote