Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Bedroom Slide Problem

Just a little irritated today. Took the 3400RL to the dealer to get the rubber gasket replaced for the second time. It apparently is due to the alignment of the slide. They say it is out of warranty and they have to get authorization for payment from someone. So what was supposed to be a one day job, may be a 4 to 7 day job. (they don't work on the weekend). Of course the guy who calls for authorization only works half day today, so they won't even call till tomorrow. It probably wouldn't matter so much, but we are full timing and they have our home!!!!! So we are going to sleep in their parking lot (that should be fun next to the freeway). Our contention is that they worked on it once when it was underwarranty and they are doing the same thing this time... the hooker is they only replaced the gasket the first time and didn't fix the problem. Their line is that Keystone only authorized them to replace the gasket...so since they are needing to fix the problem this time, it doesn't fall under pre existing or whatever. So we will be on the phone first thing in the morning to customer service ( or at least Bob will, some of us have to go to work).

They are telling us that they have to put in a plastic shim to raise the one side a fraction to keep it from dragging and chewing up the gasket. They have to take the whole slide out to do this and it will take up to 8 to 10 hours. Does any of this make sense!!

I want it done right, but I wish they had been up front aboutwhat they were going to do or not do today. We were led to believe that they had all the parts needed and it would be done in one day. Very dissappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Myrna

Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Myrna, I am wondering if this is similar to the problem you are describing?

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
David this looks like it is under the bedroom slide? I am going to check mine to see if I have any of the same.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Myrna,

What year is your rig?
There is a retro fix for those bedroom slides, Keystone is aware of the problem especially in the 2001 models, but I don't think there is a recall. I know because they took care of ours when we were in to get some other stuff repaired these people are willing to back up their units and for this reason would never buy anything but a Keystone product. Several people on this site feel the same as I do. Our rig was out of warranty also, it didn't make any difference.
If I were you and you can't get satisifaction from your dealer call or email Keystone and tell them of your problem.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Myma & Bob
Sorry to hear about the problems that you are having. We live right down the road from you in North Marysville, so let us know how things work out with the Dealer [Foley?] and also Keystone.
Good luck.

Dave
Boy you know the bottom of my slide looks just like the sidesWhite and clean. Yours looks like it must be off the track to be rubbing on the bottom like that. Is this a past problem that has been fixed?or a current on going problem??
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I better correct the impression I left with my image. This WAS the problem (yes, the bedroom slide) which I wanted to have fixed at the factory, and which Keystone did NOT want me to bring back to the factory. Through some frustrating experiences with repair, including the final one at our dealer from whom we purchased in Panama City, FL (600 miles away from home), we have a somewhat satisfactory resolution. For sure, it doesn't look like this photo any more. I was really asking Myrna if this was the same kind of problem she was facing.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Imp, I just picked up our 3475 today after Foley did several fixes. All went well till I got home and found the cover of the water heater was gone. I'll post that later. Just wanted to know if your repair went ok. It seems to me that they are under staffed. Mean well but just can't do it all. Management problem????
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
Montana_984
Established Member

M.O.C. #984
Myrna & Bob, We have had our 3400 to Foley R.V. for service twice. Not very satisfied with the service and quality of repairs. The T.V. set had ripped loose it was/is mounted with large wood screws from the bottom. There was no cosmetic damage to the T.V.and it worked fine, but they said they had to order a new one from Keystone, this took 2 weeks it was fixed along with several other discrepancies 12 volt light shorts leaks in slides to name a few. I then pulled the 3400 to california and upon opening it up the new T.V. was again broke loose only this time the plastic where the wood screw pulled out was cracked. My year was just about up(warranty period) and I was in Calif. so I E-mailed them about major things that they had supposably fixed that were still not fixed. I also called to be sure that my E-mail was recieved and was t old by Jim Fine (service manager) that it was all documented in the Keystone data base, but when I came back in March and had everything refixed they had no knowledge of my E-mail &/or documentation in Keystone data base. They tried to charge me for the repairs the second time and I refused to pay, they finally said they would take care of the charges and they also told me they didn't want to see me again. In otherwords I wasn't welcome unless I brought Cash $$$$. It looks like Foley has a problem with fixing things the first time. I don't care for their attitude. Not user friendly unless you are buying something. The second fix on the T.V. they used the same T.V. with the crack in the case I would oike to know who is watching the first t.v. that was fine but yet replaced.
Montana_984 is offline   Reply With Quote