Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Good oil change or not?

South of Lincoln City, OR, on Rt. 101 Friday I got 2 warnings on my dash #1 "Oil change due" and #2 "change fuel filter". I have never had these warnings because I always change the oil and fuel filters way ahead of time. Been doing too much towing I guess. Couldn't find a Ford dealer within 150 miles that could service my truck before next Wednesday. We are staying at Premier RV, which as some of you know is a really good CG. Told Terry (manager I think) of my problems and he made a call to a non-Ford service center in town. They were booked for Saturday morning but said they would work me in. Took my truck info and sure enough I showed up at 10am Saturday and they changed the oil/filter and fuel filter. I was thrilled to get it done. An extremely clean and professional shop right on Rt. 101. Bill was $495.00. I have never paid for an oil change on my F350 since I have a Ford maintenance plan. For those of you that don't do this type of maintenance yourself, was this an okay price for an oil change and fuel filter change? I am not complaining because I had to get it done, just curious.