Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
CJFOUTDOORS
Established Member

M.O.C. #6160
Curtain hardware

Am unable to find the plastic curtain part that holds the bottom of the curtain against the wall - you know, the plastic ones that are always breaking off that the curtain slides into! I can't find any online (or else I'm not searching with the correct verbage for the part)
Any guidance would be appreciated!
Carl

P.S. I may not post much, but I'm lurking behind the scenes daily!
Thanks to all for all the great info on this site!

CJFOUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CJFOUTDOORS

Am unable to find the plastic curtain part that holds the bottom of the curtain against the wall - you know, the plastic ones that are always breaking off that the curtain slides into! I can't find any online (or else I'm not searching with the correct verbage for the part)
Any guidance would be appreciated!
Carl

P.S. I may not post much, but I'm lurking behind the scenes daily!
Thanks to all for all the great info on this site!
Look on the bottom of the shade, underneath the bottom bar. There should be the manufacturers name and phone number. I'm certain they would send you the parts free of charge. Our curtains were manufactured by Specialty Products in Elkhart and they've been good to us by sending us the proper string and instructions for restringing the curtains as well as the little plastic tighteners.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
CJFOUTDOORS
Established Member

M.O.C. #6160
These are for the side curtains, not the day/night shades - couldn't find any manufacturer. Maybe I'll contact Keystone RV for any leads as well.
Thought maybe someone else has had same issues.
Thanks !

Any MOCers going to be in the Myrtle Beach area 5/5-12?

We need to go SOUTH! - need sunshine and WARMTH!
CJFOUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
If they are like ours (slotted mini blinds), we've see them at most RV dealers including Camping World.
Is this it?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...s/skunum=14752
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Dogman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #182
Have you tried a dealer? We had two break last year and bought new ones from the dealer we bought the 5'vr from. The new models have metal ones. I'm going to try and get a couple of those in case we break some more plastic ones.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
After a couple of ours broke, I decided to make some from flat aluminum strips (I think they were 1/8 thick by 1'2 inch wide and come in various lengths)that I bought at Lowes.

I just drove some nails into a 2X4 in a configuration to match the originals and bent the aluminum strips to match. I don't remember the cut length but it must have been around 8 inches - experiment with some wire to determine. Now that I think about it more, I ended up using screws in the form so that I could "over bend" the strips as need to have them retain the proper shape.

We ended up putting them on every curtain and removing the tie-backs. Much happier with the look AND those day/night shade hangups on the tiebacks are GONE! We can operate any of them with one hand.
Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #7
Dick n Marie
Established Member

M.O.C. #58
I put a small strip of Velcro where they attach to the wall. Works great and the wife isn't catching and breaking them when she makes the bed.
Dick n Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
If you are talking about the plastic hook models that hold the curtains and not the pull down shades, last year our dealer told me they quit using them on the newer models and went to metal. You may still be able to get them, when they told me that I ordered enough plastic for a redo of my rig.

I'd like to come up with something a person could lean back on at the kitchen booth we have.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We took all of ours off, the metal ones. We were constantly trying to tighten them back to the wall after bumping into them. We put a plastic zip tie through the bottom so they still look gathered. We got rid of a fair amount of weight by doing it. The bedroom curtains we took down and put up macrame lace valance. It looks much lighter and adds some personality.When we took them off in the desk area, we discovered the plug that was hidden in the corner.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Yea...I hear ya about that plug by the desk!!! I was thinking one day how stupid it was to put the port there for the computer, but no outlet. Then one day when I was cleaning the desk, I spotted the outlet in the corner, behind where the two curtains come together.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote