Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2024, 03:15 PM   #1
Mike3571

M.O.C. #33879
Water leak underneath the inside stairs

Hello folks forgive me if I’m doing anything wrong first time Ok i have a leak underneath the inside stairs leading into the bedroom area the water is coming from towards the left side.I own a 2005 3475RL Montana we just had 10 inches of snow and then I noticed the water in front of my pantry/garbage area I’m guessing it’s in the wall area between the shower and the pantry left side If anyone has had this issue please advise Thanks Mike Bowles

Mike3571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:19 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Any chance there is an ice dam on your roof around your ceiling vents or AC units?
Water could be backing up and finding its way in?
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:02 PM   #3
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
I'm guessing you're in Tennessee and just went through the unusual extended cold snap plus winter storm? I'm in Alabama with a 2002 3670RL and had a freeze-up and subsequent weird plumbing leak myself, which Daryles gave me help with fixing. (Haven't fixed it yet though.)

I bet your shower pipes froze and something's leaking in that wall. I don't know exactly how youd get in there to see, though. Someone else might be able to help you with that.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:30 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The most common cause is a failed black tank back flow anti-siphon device that lives between the shower wall and the pantry. But it only occurs when using the black tank flush system.

Otherwise, it could be a broken Pex shower line but it shouldn't have frozen being in an interior wall of the RV that is heated,.

Some model have an access panel in the pantry to access the anti-siphon valve although it often didn't align with the valve. You can cut an access hole if required and then cover it later. Nobody will see it in the pantry.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 01:30 AM   #5
Mike3571

M.O.C. #33879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
Any chance there is an ice dam on your roof around your ceiling vents or AC units?
Water could be backing up and finding its way in?
Hello Daryle replying to your message that could be possible cause there was some ice on top of my unit but now it’s been pouring the rain here in Knoxville Tennessee so it’s pretty much gone.I took the access panel off in the basement area tracing my water line’s and haven’t found anything yet there was another member on here said he just had a leak because of the weather the last few days and said it’s in behind the shower wall but I’ve not figured out how to get in there whenever I locate the leak I’ll post Thanks again
Old 01-25-2024, 01:39 AM   #6
Mike3571

M.O.C. #33879
Hello Carl thank you for the advice on my water leak I haven’t yet tore into this water leak but it’s in the area which you are referring to i have the water off and it’s dried out thank goodness I caught it before any damage I’m gonna try checking somethings out if it will ever quit raining Thanks again Carl