Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Dexter Axle

I want to commend Dexter Axle for their quick response to the issue with both of my axles on my 3402RL.
I received an email this morning that they will be shipping 2 axles to the repair facility of my choice and will attempt to determine what happened to mine when they get them back.

I want to say there was no haggling or hesitation whatsoever from the Warranty Administrator that I talked to. A big thumbs up to Dexter, it is too bad Keystone do not respond in the same manner. Not only did I talk to the Warranty department but also spoke with one of their engineers.

For information: When you repack your bearings yourself or have it done at any other facility, pay attention to the spindle because on both my axles the outer bearing had turned on the spindle and worn into the spindle sufficient to be of concern, there was also the tell tale darkening of the area from the heat. All of my hubs were well greased because I had greased them before my first trip. The issue had to have happened on the way from the factory as I am sure they did not come from Dexter in this condition.

If I were ever to buy another RV, checking the axles would be part of what I would insist upon as part of the pre-delivery inspection.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote