Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #41
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
"The GSWH-1 Tankless Water Heater Operation is literally based on the flow of water. That is to say, that the temperature of the hot water coming out of the hot water faucet is determined by how open or closed the hot water faucet is; the faster the flow, the cooler the water; the slower the flow, the hotter the water. By adjusting the flow, RV’ers can literally have endless hot water!"--Taken from their web site.

I don't know much about these, but have been following this thread very closely(very interested for our rig).
The above statement I took from the web site seems this could work good with one of those adjustable Watts water pressure regulators. Find right pressure for the right tempature you want then set and forget it. Hopefully the park has enough pressure to satisfy.

The only question, what pressure is required for what temp? Meaning, is the lower pressure enough for a nice shower? I personally like strong(high pressure) and quit hot(low pressure) showers.

junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #42
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Bosch RV500 water heater. A little pricey, but has some links to some good reading.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #43
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
junglejim, I would have the same concern as you about the water pressure in the shower, or kitchen sink for that matter. Maybe someone could relate 1.5 GPM to some kind of pressure for us. As they state, the lower the flow the hotter the water and conversely, the higher the flow the colder the water. Does this mean for maximum temp you only get a trickle??????

We might just have to wait until MAMalody gets his installed and checks it out....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #44
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Very interesting discussion. Tankless Water Heater - What You Need to Know. Tells you how to calculate flow for tankless water heaters.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #45
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Thanks Will, I thought it would involve something pretty simple. I thought maybe putting a gallon bucket under faucet and seeing how long it would take to fill it, but kinda hard in bathroom sink.......Didn't think about doing it fractionally.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #46
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Thanks Will, I thought it would involve something pretty simple. I thought maybe putting a gallon bucket under faucet and seeing how long it would take to fill it, but kinda hard in bathroom sink.......Didn't think about doing it fractionally.....
The bucket trick is OK. We used to do that when I worked for Belden Wire & Cable....we had to record how much water we discharged into a local creek.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #47
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We were out looking yesterday at new 5th wheels and were checking out the WildCats by Forest River. The WildCat Sterling model comes with a tankless water heater and the salesperson said that Forest River is planning on building all their models with that sometime in the future. Thought it was interesting.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #48
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Sorry I am so late in getting back. Had the installation a couple of weeks ago now and all is working okay. Took about 4 hours by the time all was done and said. Wife came home and took a 30 minute shower and loved it. Installed just before valentine's day, so guess what my Valentine gift to her was??? You got it and I must admit that all the points I earned was really cool. It is counter intuitive to use it so I have to stop and think about it still. Kaye was able to make the proper adjustment for temperature right away.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #49
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MAMalody

Sorry I am so late in getting back. Had the installation a couple of weeks ago now and all is working okay. Took about 4 hours by the time all was done and said. Wife came home and took a 30 minute shower and loved it. Installed just before valentine's day, so guess what my Valentine gift to her was??? You got it and I must admit that all the points I earned was really cool. It is counter intuitive to use it so I have to stop and think about it still. Kaye was able to make the proper adjustment for temperature right away.
Glad it worked out so well. I think you are one of the pioneers for what the future of hot water is in RVing. I had the chance to set down and talk at length with the Forrest River factory rep. The guy knew his stuff, and told me all the testing they had done with the tankless heaters had very good results. Enjoy all that hot water.....