Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Fredricksburg Tex

Really enjoying the weather here in Hill Country, Linda is flying into Austin on Sat. We are going to see the Pacific War Museum when she arrives. Vicky, thanks for the tip on Porkys, one of the best burgers Ive had lately.
Bill

William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Bill, you will really enjoy the War Meuseum. It takes a long time to read and view everything.....you will be able to leave and return without buying another ticket. Enjoy!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
Ditto on the War Museum! Great place. They've made some fantastic additions in the last 10 to 20 years. If you have the ability to travel while you're in town, I might recommend the LBJ State Park (good history) and Perdenales Falls State Park. We LOVE Perdenales! Don't forget to take the short drive out to Luckenbach...as made famous by Waylon and Willie. When you turn north on the road next to the KOA (nice one, by the way), there's a small flea market/souveneir shop on the left (a few miles up, next to a grain elevator). This guy is a throwback to the good ol' days. If he's not there, he leaves the door open and you just leave your cash in one of several coffee cans laid out on the tables! Just the kind of thing that proves there are still decent people in this world.
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree also with the Museum. The ticket is good for three days if I recall. We took all of that to see it all but it takes us forever. Agree also with the LBJ thing. The bus tour of the LBJ Ranch is also excellent. I think it was free or very inexpensive.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote