Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
US 93

Can anybody tell me what I could expect taking US93 from Missoula, MT down to Las Vegas area? Looks like a two lane road. Would it be all mountain driving? Or would you recommend Interstate 15. We wanted to stay off the interstate to see more of the country. Any advice will be appreciated.

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
RKassl,

We took that route and enjoyed it. It is a two lane road but, if I remember correctly, it was a fairly decent road the entire distance. Of course there are a few hills but for the most part it is high prairie, flat land driving. You will go through a number of little towns along the road. I think we spent our first night at Twin Falls. Not sure about the second night and when we hit I-80 we went west on it. We did not go all the way down to Las Vegas.

That's about all I remember about that trip. Our neighbor and his wife have relatives up in the Sun Valley, ID area and he loved that route. From Bakersfield he would head over to Las Vegas and then catch the 93 and go all the way up on it. They did that for many years. Of course they were just driving in a car and not pulling a trailer. But there is no problem pulling a trailer on that route. I think you would enjoy it. The only time traffic was a concern was when you would come into any size metro area. And there are not a lot of them on that route. But no problem find fuel or food.

Hope this has helped.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Once you get over Chief Joe Pass I don't think you will have any problems at all and it's not that bad. Most of the rest is thru the valley.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We use 93 every year to get to Az from Idaho.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote