Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
To all you Michiganites

Is that a word, Michiganites? Well you sure have a much kept secret in your beautiful State. We have been in Michigan several times before but except for the UP we have only traveled the freeways. Now we are on your West Coast and it is so beautiful. I had no idea. Thanks to whoever told us to go to Leland and down. In case you have forgotten how beautiful it is, I have posted tons of pictures on our blog. What a wonderful place. I can't wait to check out more.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hi Helen, yes we have a beautiful state. The west coast is one of our favorites. The east coast is lovely too, but we are partial to the west. We are sunset freaks, so the west is the place to be.

Actually, we are called "Michiganders"! Not a very glamorous term.

My sister Sue is up near you right now, if you're up near the Northwestern portion of the Lower Peninsula. She is up on Glenn Lake. There are around three or more up lakes up there like Glenn Lake and the colors are as pretty and deep as the waters of the Caribbean.

So glad you're enjoying our state. Are you guys going to the Fall Rally? I have CRS so you know what that means!

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I believe Helen, that a number of us suggested the West coast of Michigan. Us "Michiganders", love it there.

Course, our Michiganders from the UP sorta like the term "Yoopers".

Enjoy your stay here, don't miss those Sand Dunes!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We were at Glenn Lake today Patti. If you are talking about your sister Sue, it looks like we missed her again. We spent a month at Crystal River last year and didn't meet up then either. Tomorrow we plan on going to the Old Lighthouse at the end of Hwy 37. Can't remember the name there either but we'll be there and then plan on going into all the little boutiques in downtown Traverse City.

We will not be able to stay for the Montana Rally this year but we will be there the week before for the Escapades and will stay a day or two longer to see some of the early arrivals for the MOC Rally. Hope to see some of you there.

Helen
Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks Carol.... I found a bumper sticker with Yoopers on it when we stopped for Pasties in the U.P. Oh were they good. Almost as good as Swen and Ollies in Northern Minnesota. If you check my blog, I have tons of pictures of the Sand Dunes. Thanks. We are very happy campers.

Helen

Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

We were at Glenn Lake today Patti. If you are talking about your sister Sue, it looks like we missed her again. We spent a month at Crystal River last year and didn't meet up then either. Tomorrow we plan on going to the Old Lighthouse at the end of Hwy 37. Can't remember the name there either but we'll be there and then plan on going into all the little boutiques in downtown Traverse City.

We will not be able to stay for the Montana Rally this year but we will be there the week before for the Escapades and will stay a day or two longer to see some of the early arrivals for the MOC Rally. Hope to see some of you there.

Helen
Yes Helen I am talking about my sister Sue the MOC member. She is taking the holiday weekend to relax and my other sister is up there too. Glenn Lake sure is pretty isn't it?

Can't believe you two were so close to one another two years in a row. Traverse City is also one of our favorite places to be. We loved to roller blade around the bay during the Cherry Festival. There is a pennisula there that is a beautiful drive and has several vineyards on it. You can do wine tastings and all. At the end of that there is a lighthouse. That may be at the end of 37, I'm not sure. I do know or think I know that 37 goes into Traverse City.

Carol, I forgot all about the UP being called Yoopers. I think I heard or read once that we are the only state where everyone says "going up north" and we all know exactly what that means.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Those in the U.P. are "Yoopers" and those of us in the lower peninsula are "Trolls" as we live under the bridge. The Mackinac bridge that is
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
And what a bridge that is Charlie and Nila.

Patty, you were so right. Hwy 37 has the lighthouse and all the vineyards. I know. We stopped at all of them. We had planned on seeing more of Traverse City but we fell in love with the Old Mission Peninsula and couldn't leave. It was an incredible day and we will never forget it. We sure didn't allow ourselves enough time in this area.

I took 117 pictures and had a heck of a time deciding which ones to put on our blog.

Tomorow we leave to see parts further south. Why do I feel so sad?

Helen
Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
With Ludington, Manistee, Grand Haven, Holland, Saugatuck coming up, no reason to feel sad. Walk out on the piers to the lighthouses. It is a real treat. I grew up in Muskegon fishing for perch off the pier almost every day and watching the boats go in and out of the harbor. This is a great part of the world. Enjoy! - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Oh Jim, thanks so much. Both Bill and I were saying that we just hateed to leave. You have made it seem like a new adventure.

Helen
Old 08-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well Helen you are just ahead of us as we leave wis on sept 6 for traverse city for 3 days then to mears .mi silver creek rv for 4 days then on to decauter mi at oak shores rv , and then goshen if we see you we will blink the lites john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When you stand in the middle of Michigan looking north is the west coast on the left or the right? On the west, or left side, is the east coast of one lake but that might be the west coast of Michigan. On the east, or right side, is the west coast of another lake but it might be the east coast of Michigan even though it's the west coast of the lake. I am not being funny. I have always been confused by this. Can someone help this simpleminded guy from landlocked Kansas?? Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Steve - The west coast is on the left and the east coast is on the right. We always referred to the coasts as the edges of the state not from the lake perspective. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Jim. I know it sounded like a really dumb question but you know how it is when you get something in your head and you just can't get it out of there. There's not a lot of room in this head so now that that one is gone there's room for something else!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You are right Steve. Standing excatly where you said, the West coast of Michigan is on the left but the East coast of Lake Michigan is on you left. See how simple that is.

Helen