Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Stone chip protection coating or checker plate

I'm getting stone chips on the lower front of the monty, so I'm thinking of putting on a rock guard coating or possibly a checker plate on the lower front of the monty, which would cover the area by the generator and battery compartments. Any recommendations on what would work best, and are there any other alternatives? I appreciate your thoughts. I have mud flaps on the rear and front wheel wells of the truck.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
I use these on my truck. They work very well, and can be easily removed.

$180 Shipping & Handling included from Costco.com is about as good of a deal on them as I could find.

Here's a >>>LINK
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I just had rhino lining sprayed on the TV bed, and it looks real good, diamond plate sounds real good too, but I'm going to check with the Rhino lining shop about spraying it on the Monty's front, under the overhang, and a on the fenders for the duelies not the hole fender just about a 5 inch wide from the top downto the bottom. I'm getting tired of all the rocks that the front wheels pick up and the rear fenders catch it and chips the paint down to the primer.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Sounds like an idea, we ran over some part of a tire and it kicked up and punched a hole in the front compartment door. Some rhino liner spray or diamond check aluminum sounds like it might pervent further damage and cover the whole. Was our first ding on the unit. That was a good question and requires some real thought for a good solution.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

Sounds like an idea, we ran over some part of a tire and it kicked up and punched a hole in the front compartment door. Some rhino liner spray or diamond check aluminum sounds like it might pervent further damage and cover the whole. Was our first ding on the unit. That was a good question and requires some real thought for a good solution.
I know what you mean about tires, I got the same damage, a big dent but no hole as you have. I think the diamond plate might be cheaper I will be finding out next week.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
thor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6133
i like spray liner .the dimond plate just adds more weight that you dont really need.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote