Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I my tired old logical mind it does not compute that some folks have no trouble at all and many others do. Since we have a dump station at home our tanks, all of them, are always squeaky clean yet the galley tank worked for maybe a month..all of the other work fine to this very day. My bet is that if I was to drop the belly and inspect the galley tank sensor connectors I would most likely find a missing lock washer or nut or a wire not properly connected..That will however never happen..The fact that they do not work is not a large operational issue....The fact that they SHOULD work it what bugs me...

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #22
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I my tired old logical mind it does not compute that some folks have no trouble at all and many others do. Since we have a dump station at home our tanks, all of them, are always squeaky clean yet the galley tank worked for maybe a month..all of the other work fine to this very day. My bet is that if I was to drop the belly and inspect the galley tank sensor connectors I would most likely find a missing lock washer or nut or a wire not properly connected..That will however never happen..The fact that they do not work is not a large operational issue....The fact that they SHOULD work it what bugs me...
Our black tank monitor works a little better since having the tornado flush system installed. But that ain't saying much, as it always shows at least 2/3 full. I think when it cools off down here, I will see if I can access the black tank and check the wiring. I believe the system is based on continuity to ground increasing as levels increase, so looks to me like loose wires would indicate an empty tank. I was told the tanks had different value resistors on each level terminal, but I don't see them on the schematic, and I don't recall them when I looked at the black tank. Perhaps the wiring harness has wire with fixed resistance per foot. I know there are some guys on here with more knowledge in electronics than I have. Any ideas?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #23
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
...I think the only way to deal with those gauges is to cover them with a piece of tape...really...I mean it. Learn how things works without using the gauges and stick with it.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #24
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Ditto, ditto, and ditto. The fresh water tank is accurate about 2/3's of the time. The grey water tank is almost, but not quite accurate after emptying, and the black water indicator has never worked. We find that about the time we get the infamous airbubble in the blackwater tank spitting back at us, it is time to empty all of the tanks. This has worked well for us.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #25
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
I don't like to be a trouble maker, but our indicator lights have always worked on the Monty. This is the first coach we have owned where the lights have worked! We just got lucky!!!!!!
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #26
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Ours work sometimes more not, I quit looking at them. The black is full when you flush and it burps! up in the bowl, galley when the sink backs up and the gray when the shower is wet..great system!
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote