Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Sofa Bed

Does anyone remember the name of the manufactures of the new sofa bed that comes in the Montanas now?

Thanks,
Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I don't know what the name is, but you can have ours. So uncomfortable to sit on, the dog doesn't even try.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Flair Interiors
We absolutely love ours. 100% more comfortable than the old sofa bed in our old unit. It also takes up a lot less room when open. About the only drawback is the one recliner cannot be used when the sofa is open other than that it is a great addition to any RV.
OH and don't forget the XTRA storage space in the drawer in the bottom of the sofa.

Helen, If I were you I would take Carol up on her offer.

For those that are wondering what on earth we are refering to click here for a video of the sofa in action.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We were hoping the couch would fit in front of that back window.
Our couch has such a puffy back that when you sit, it pushes you forward. I have a big "seat" so it takes a lot for me to be pushed. Forget laying down on it.
The storage is terrific. Extra sheets, towels and the attachments for the central vac.
I don't like this desk. Did my other one. I wish it was straight with drawers. I sit at the dining table with my computer. Just the right height. Maybe a different chair at the desk would work better?????? I do have two nice "junk" drawers.
Got to look for file folders for those drawers.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

We were hoping the couch would fit in front of that back window.
Our couch has such a puffy back that when you sit, it pushes you forward. I have a big "seat" so it takes a lot for me to be pushed. Forget laying down on it.
The storage is terrific. Extra sheets, towels and the attachments for the central vac.
I don't like this desk. Did my other one. I wish it was straight with drawers. I sit at the dining table with my computer. Just the right height. Maybe a different chair at the desk would work better?????? I do have two nice "junk" drawers.
Got to look for file folders for those drawers.
Carol,
First of all it wasn't made to be in front of the rear window. You should have realized that when you first looked at the 3485 as it is much to big to fit there.
At over 300#s No one on this forum has a bigger "seat" than I and I quite often find myself sitting on the sofa rather than my recliner. As I had said to you at the NE rally I have no idea what you are referring to when you say the backs are "puffy" to me they are very comfy.
At 6' I have to agree with trying to sleep on it as a sofa but as a bed it is more comfortable than the bed in the bedroom.
As far as the desk, mine works fine. It is where my computer sits and to my right sits a full size HP printer, copier scanner. It does have 2 drawers. In the top drawer I keep a small plastic 3 drawer container where I keep small stuff such as pens, pencils, tape, paper clips etc. This 3 drawer container is small enough to allow me to also keep 2 legal pads and some brochures. The bottom drawer contains a modified PendaFlex rack with the folders containing all my owners manuals for both the Monty and the TV. I use one of the dining chairs as my desk chair.
As Lorraine also has a computer she uses the dining table as her work area but on occasion she will have to use my 'puter at my desk and she notices no real difference in the two. Her only real complaint has to do with the table base. The pedestal legs get in the way of her feet while sitting.
I measured the height of the dining table at 28 1/2". The desk measures at 29 1/2" high.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks Glenn. We will try to go there tomorrow. Carol, I would trade you mine but our colors are way too different. Course, if we look at the Big Sky a few more times maybe I won't need to change the couch in our 3475. I sure do love that one.

Helen

Old 09-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I'll tell you the video sure looks cool. If they had one to match our Big Sky I'd sure be thinking of changing off. First on my hit list though is the recliner.

I remember at the factory it looked really nice and was very comfortable to sit on.

Helen, are you doing to buy a Big Sky? They are beauties aren't they?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We like our sofa and it is fairly comfortable and it is way better than the the one in our old Nash. Our Daughter enjoys sleeping on it.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Oh sleeping on it is very comfortable. We had company and they used it and said it was great.
I wonder if the slide floor is tilted in? Maybe that's why I get the feeling of being pitched forward? Is there a way of checking that?
I'd love to get a small leather loveseat and recliner chairs. But I can see sinking that kind of money into a unit the first year.
Chuck finds the recliners very comfortable. Going to have to switch them pretty soon. One is used all the time.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Quote:
quote:Helen, are you doing to buy a Big Sky? They are beauties aren't they?

Patty
It sure is high up on my want list, Patty. I just wish they would make one with the floor plan of our 3475
Old 09-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

Quote:
quote:Helen, are you doing to buy a Big Sky? They are beauties aren't they?

Patty
It sure is high up on my want list, Patty. I just wish they would make one with the floor plan of our 3475
I imagine they'll add more floor plans. They always seem to have nice surprises for us at the Fall Rally.

I want a 3585SA but must have a stackable washer and dryer. At the very least not loose the drawer space in the bedroom. With the enclosed bath you loose enough storage space as it is to me. Still I really love that floor plan. I guess I am just a rear kitchen kind of Gal.

I have to say that I have not seen the 3600RE version in the Big Sky, now that one would interest me I think. I'm just not that crazy about the kitchen in any of the Big Skys, but that's just me. My sister loves her 3400 like so many members here do.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote