Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 AM   #21
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by up2nogood

I think it sounds high, I have a 2008 3400RL I ordered from a dealer in Indiana. I would not think the 3605 can be priced much different.The 3400 price was about 36,500 eguipted with the things you mentioned which most are standard. The options I added were the Onan 5500 LP generator ,slide awings on all four slides,high gloss exterior , which I doubt would be on the one you are looking at most are standard exteriors unless ordered. carpet color change, and the MorRyde pin box. They come standard with the MorRyde suspension, but the pin box is an option . With all that added I still payed less then what they are quoting you. I would check some other dealers, I could give you some places if needed.
Sorry ladies, I'm re-commandeering this post!

Thanks for the info, up2nogood!

Yes, the one we were dealing on has the high gloss option. I really would like to have the dual pane glass and delete the fireplace, so it looks like I might have to get one ordered the way I want it. I gave Shane a call and he is sending me a list pricing sheet for all the options so I can put one together how I think it should be. He sounds like a pretty nice fellow on the phone. So we'll see if we can get a deal done with him and take a little excursion out to Indiana. He said it was about a 4 week time frame for Keystone to put one together.

Now all I have to do is round up a new TV so I can drag it the 2,000 miles back to Oregon. Been looking high and low for a nice SRW F350 diesel, crew cab, long bed, with a manual 6-speed transmission. Tough time finding one locally, most of them are auto trans. I have a V10 auto gasser, and it only gets 8 mpg towing the 24' TT. I don't even want to think about what it would get by doubling the weight of the trailer! I would guess around 5 mpg , so, it's a diesel w/ a stick shift for me. Hope I can find one soon!

They are a great dealership to work with, people are so skeptical. They don't even bother to take someones advice, they don't know a good deal when its staring them in the face. Glad you called them ,and found out for yourself.It seems like people do not want to share what they payed, maybe its because they payed more than they needed to and don't believe what you payed. It will be worth the trip from Oregon. Keep in touch

up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #22
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Your mileage may not be that much worse with the new unit with the V-10. I have one now with 4000 miles about 3000 towing the 3400RL Usually get between 7-8 mpg. Never get less than 6.5 even in the "hills"
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #23
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
That may be, but I'd much rather be getting 12 or better.

That, and not having to listen to the V-10 screaming at 3800rpm and doing 35 or 40 up the hills. If I can't find the TV I'm searching for soon, I just might have to do just that, ...for awhile anyway.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Today, Sunday Mary and I found a 2009 3605RL that had a sticker price of $43,480.00. We did not talk to the salesperson very long about the price but they did let us know they would be interested in a trade in. We are happy with our 2006 3000RK but are always looking. This place was in Columbus, Ohio Post Travel Land. Plug in Post in your search and it pull up the list of Monty's they have left on their lot.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #25
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Thanks all!

We ordered one last week from Walnut Ridge RV in Indiana, from the same guy that member up2nogood bought his from. No need for haggling what so ever, Shane gave us a very good deal right out of the gate. It's supposed to hit the ground around the 14th of November. I figure even with the fuel costs for dragging it back to Oregon added in, I am still $1,000 ahead of the "rock bottom" price my local dealer had for an '08 that has been sitting on the lot since February. The local guy said if I wanted to order an '09, I could figure on adding at least another $3k, as the '08 incentive/rebate was not there for the '09 models.

So, I get a brand new one, as opposed to one that has been to 2 or 3 RV shows (where they pound nails through the carpet into the decking to hold down the plastic carpet protectors), being subjected to who knows what kinds of horrors, from hundreds and hundreds of people poking around in a rig, which most of them can't afford to buy to begin with. All this, for $4k less than I can get it at my local dealer. Plus, ...I get a mini-vacation as well!

Also, I picked up an '07 4x4 Dodge 3500 with a 5.9L diesel, 6-speed manual to haul it with.

Thanks for all your replies!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 AM   #26
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
KTManiac,
Happy to see you got a good deal on your unit. Don't be surprised if your dealer in Oregon doesn't put you at the front of his list when it comes time to do some warranty work for you. Local dealers aren't very happy with those of us who go outside the local area to purchase units. While they are obligated to do the warranty work, they aren't obligated to put you at the front of the list.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #27
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
For $4k, I can deal with that.

Besides....
Q: When do most crazy things that need warranty work pop up?
A: When you are 800 miles from home.

See you all out on the highway!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #28
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Quote:

For $4k, I can deal with that.

Besides....
Q: When do most crazy things that need warranty work pop up?
A: When you are 800 miles from home.

See you all out on the highway!
Thats nonsense , I have had warranty work done on my 2008 and the local dealer knew full well I didn't buy from him. I gave him the opportunity to sell me one he couldn't or wouldn't match the price I paid out of state. The reason I say nonsense is they get paided to do this work why would they give someone a bad time. They certainally didn't hassle me at all. The service was fast and friendly. I even had one of the saelsman come up to me and ask if I bought that from them, because he had sold me my previous 2005 Montana 2980RL.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #29
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Exactly, up2nogood, I'm not worried about it at all.

Thanks for referring me to Shane. Everyone at WR RV has been a pleasure to work with. My local dealership will just have to accept the fact that they should have tried harder to compete for my business. If they had been within $1k, I probably would have purchased it from them. They had the opportunity, but refused to bend. Their sales business model is antiquated in this age of the internet.

No hard feelings on my part, and there should not be any on their part either. If there is, they will just have to get over it.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #30
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
up2nogood, I have experienced the type of bias at the Montana Dealer in my area. If he is not busy and needs the work he will take care of you but let one of "HIS" customers come in and you get pushed to the back and take what he can spare.

Not all dealers are like that and those who have run a buisness before would agree that is not necessarily a good model/attitude to adopt but it happens. I previously owned a TrailManor and have a great relationship with that dealer. He tried hard to get me into a Glacier Bay but I ended up going with Montana. He was quick to let me know that even though he didn't sell Montana's he did sell Laredo's and therefore was an authorized Keystone repair facility. All of my local warranty work on the Monty has been done there right through the computerized service system and I have been TOTALLY satisfied with the speed and ease of the whole process. To me that is a Good Business model to follow, I talk to alot of people and this unit will not last forever. Sometimes it even pays off sooner as when I chose to add a second A/C to my Montana his folks did the job.

The local Montana dealer doesn't have to worry about me ever clogging up his service bays.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #31
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Good deal, I am glad to hear you were able to make the deal you liked. Good luck with the new unit. I also use Dodge for the TV and would like to upgrade to the 3500. Happy camping.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
KTManiac,
I sent you a PM regarding your purchase experience with Walnut Ridge RV.
Thanks,
Jack
Quote:

Thanks all!

We ordered one last week from Walnut Ridge RV in Indiana, from the same guy that member up2nogood bought his from. No need for haggling what so ever, Shane gave us a very good deal right out of the gate. It's supposed to hit the ground around the 14th of November. I figure even with the fuel costs for dragging it back to Oregon added in, I am still $1,000 ahead of the "rock bottom" price my local dealer had for an '08 that has been sitting on the lot since February. The local guy said if I wanted to order an '09, I could figure on adding at least another $3k, as the '08 incentive/rebate was not there for the '09 models.

So, I get a brand new one, as opposed to one that has been to 2 or 3 RV shows (where they pound nails through the carpet into the decking to hold down the plastic carpet protectors), being subjected to who knows what kinds of horrors, from hundreds and hundreds of people poking around in a rig, which most of them can't afford to buy to begin with. All this, for $4k less than I can get it at my local dealer. Plus, ...I get a mini-vacation as well!

Also, I picked up an '07 4x4 Dodge 3500 with a 5.9L diesel, 6-speed manual to haul it with.

Thanks for all your replies!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #33
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Orv is right, we went out of state to get a better price on our Monty. The local dealer gave me a bunch of guff, when I'd take it in for guarantee work. But we saved $4K and got a one year newer model, it was worth the trip.
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #34
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
I just had a sobering conversation with my local dealership and then Keystone. They both informed me that if I didn't buy locally then the local dealer is not obligated to perform warranty work on my new rig. I can hardly believe this and told Keystone as much. After all its my money and I should be able to spend it to get the best deal and still expect service. What good is the warranty then? I wonder would happen if you got the lawyers involved? Sounds like the dealers and Keystone are out of touch with the way business works these days. I am fuming mad about this!!!

Jack
Old 11-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #35
windquest2

M.O.C. #8811
Jack,
This is most disturbing and as far as I am concerned, a showstopper. We expect to return to the US after 7 years living abroad, we have no home or home base, so therefore no local dealer. If that really is the case, can you buy a unit with NO warranty? Since I doubt it, it will be one of the first questions I ask at the Tampa show, and if it is as you say, we will look at SOB.
Henry
windquest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd guess the 67,600 is pretty close to an accurate MSRP. When we ordered our 2007 in July 2006, the MSRP was right around 62,000.

At 35% off, you're getting a better deal than I've ever got. I'd say "you done good."
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #37
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
New to the forum and first post, but had to jump in on this one as we are in a similar circumstance. Just put a deposit on an '08 3605RL 10th anniv. w/ arctic package. Tried to deal locally, but really got an indifferent response on ordering as they didn't have this model in stock. Found one a couple hundred miles away this weekend while traveling on business. DW decided she wanted it and gave them a deposit. We are about in the same ballpark of what your dealer locally had talked, but we are trading in our old Cougar, and financing through our bank, so didn't have the option of just talking cash deal. DW had her heart set on this model Montana since last summer, so that is most important to us. Hope this all settles out the way you need it to, and hope to see you on the road and compare 5ers.
goin2themountains is offline   Reply With Quote