Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Salle & Sam, I think a lot of RVers are considering that route.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well we are going to Texas in Sept for a few weeks, to visit our Son. Then will return to the View until the end of Oct and go to Gulf Shores for 2 months and drive back to Tennessee for a week in Dec. Will then go back to Gulf Shores and get the Truck and 5er and go on down to the Tampa area for Jan and Feb.

Sounds like there hasn't been a lot of changes, some still Rving. They must be going closer to home. There isn't near as many 5ers on the road as last year. The Big River is almost empty compaired to last year. More Rver's aren't going like before. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:27 AM   #23
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
I consider us very lucky. We saw this beautiful country before the fuel went up. Crossed it many times, did Alaska, Nova Soctia and much in between. 25 years of traveling. But many are just starting. If you can afford it now, do it, you can't take it with you and your kids don't need it.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #24
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I agree with you 100% Salle. We are not slowing down, still going to Myrtle for our annual trip in a week and a half. Va rally in September, Elkins for Labor Day, Greenbo Lake, KY in October, and back to Topsail at Destin, FL in November for the week of Thanksgiving. I will not let this economy slow us down. Besides, it looks like my retirement will be put on hold for a couple of extra years anyway due to the new house acquisition. However, with regards to the girls not needing the money we are spending, I will tell them that the nice lady in the Big Sky next door at Staunton gave us permission!!!! Ha Ha!! (Just kidding!!)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Waldenwoods C.G is fairly full. Most plates are from Mich. We are still traveling and camping but not where we had planned to be this summer..We have slowed down but still enjoying the summer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 AM   #26
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Feedback from local farm stand, gal I know quite well. Her business is good, bout the same, by the way, she has fabulous corn, grown right here inthe county.

She gets LOTS of weekend traffic from the park, talks to the campers, they are basically locals. Like we did, pull it 7 miles and camp.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #27
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
In our travels this spring and summer most of the campgrounds seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 full, primarly local plates. I find that alot of them though are increasing the number of long term campers they are allowing. There seems to be more people just parking their rig at a local campground for the summer season and leaving it and coming out on the weekends or whatever to use it. Most of them I have spoken with have said that it was the only thing they could afford for the time being and still be able to enjoy the lifestyle. I know that in the two camperships we own both have increased the number of lots they allow to be long time camping and one is actively advertising to get people to do so. For us we will keep on the move till we get to Wash then stay with the kids until it is time to head for Az.
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #28
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
We like to stay at many different local campgrounds thru the summer, we've found its nearly impossible to get a site at any of them on a spur of the moment, we're at a local state park now thats always easy to get into and its booked solid, folks at the gate says its been the best year in recent memory. We too are off to Myrtle in a couple weeks.. fuel costs wont slow us down just yet. Next year may be different.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote