Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2023, 09:37 AM   #21
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I always position my axles split on the 2 sections of the scales. Get each axle separate that way. I know my rear is a little heavier.
One time I also weighed with the right side off the scales. So found that the left side was heavier than the right. The left side has the stove and water heater and a slide.
FYI

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #22
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
This is somewhat related to the tire pressure conversation. I run a bit nose high with my 4x4 TV. Its adjusted as low as I can go at the hitch. I had someone at the dealer tell me that unless I am significantly nose high my suspension should still distribute my trailer weight fairly evenly. Not any significant weight shifted to the rear wheels unless I am several inches nose high. I am about 3 inches high. Do not have any uneven wear on my tires after about 7K miles. He said it’s more about how weight is distributed inside the rig, right and left, and if I have any significant weight added to the rear. My tire pressure and temps are all fairly even except, like everyone else, the sunny side gets a little warmer. I often times load some weight in the rear bunkhouse if on a long trip. Usually cases of water bottles, my generator (no gas in it) and some other items that might add some weight to the rear but not more than maybe 200 lbs at the very most. Have not had any issues doing this. Anyone experience anything different? Curious to know.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 06:46 PM   #23
77cruiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26015
Yup that's what equalizers do, unless you run out of travel.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #24
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
Interesting observation coming home yesterday. My driver's side rear tire pressure got to 125 and all others were at 120. Delta T was about the same (90/95).I feel that is still within tolerance for the tires (110psi cold).
I also noticed the tire pressure increased a couple pounds when I got off the interstate and had to stop at a light. The pressure went back down when back up to traveling speed (60-65).
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote