Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
Need a 2006 Monty 2955 photo

Hello all,
Yes it has been a few months since Kathy and I purchased our Montana,
Re: we are the Sacramento area folks who purchased the 5th in Chicago and then sat here patiently for several months as we waited for non-icy roads so we could bring our baby home. Well, we are actually leaving in 3 or 4 days for the trek. And so we have at least one question; We purchased a Pullrite 18K superglide and it's now installed in our 07 DA.
Now here is the small problem; This hitch set up requires a capture plate [which we have] to be installed on the pin box. I [Jim] plan to install it when I get to the windy city. I installed the superglide yesterday and that went pretty well. So now I find out that the capture plate installation depends upon the precise configuration of the 06 Monty pin box [flange or no flange, etc.]. So we're asking [and hoping] if there is anyone out there with an 06 2955 that could email us digital photos of the pin box [side to side and under looking up]. If possible, that would be great. I want to make sure I bring all the right tools!
Also, we promise to provide trip updates on this our maiden voyage [we are brand new to towing a 5-ver].
We are planning on dead-heading east on 80 and then with Monty-in-tow we will take the southern route back to CA.

Thanks so much,

Jim 'N' Kathy [and Sami the yellow lab shedding machine]
Jimongee@comcast.net

Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jim- You might want to go to the opening page of the MOC discussion or the opening webpage and check out the photos of the units the members have sent in of their rigs. You should be able to find a picture of your unit there! Good luck with your new unit and if you pass through Omaha drop us a line and maybe we can meet somewhere for a coffee or something stronger! Just email us or PM us!

Rondo
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Jim, Here's a photo of the capture plate from my 04 2955. The newer capture plate has a different method of mounting so I'm not sure if this pic will help or not.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
Thanks for the photo and the other responses. I think that will help a bunch.
Jim
Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote