Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 AM   #1
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Now I lay me down to sleep ........

Picked up a fabulous find at our local Goodwill yesterday - an extremely reasonably priced new Memory Foam Mattress. Now my question for those who use this item on their bed is this -- In what order do I place it on our mattress:

A) Mattress pad, memory foam mattress, bottom sheet; or

B) Memory foam mattress, mattress pad, bottom sheet; or

C) Memory foam mattress, bottom sheet (eliminate mattress pad)

vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:26 AM   #2
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
We bought a memory foam mattress cover. It goes over the mattress and you lay on the sheet covering the foam. Your body contacts the foam under the sheet.

captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Just do it very carfully.....My daughter and I put mine on and we couldn't stop cracking up the whole time we were doing it....That darned thing has a mind of its own...Thats for sure. Then you have to let it sit on the bed for about 72 hrs so that it can get its memory back....My daughter is a very tall girl. She fought that darned thing, while I stood back and couldn't help but laugh at how it was getting the best of her...We finally got it on but it was a real fight..I put the foam on the mattress then the mattress cover then the sheet then the blankets then the spread. And thats my story and I am stickin to it...LOL
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
Montana_4699
Established Member

M.O.C. #4699
Ron & Vic, Thank you for your recent purchase at Goodwill. I run the Division in Portland, Or, and I can assure you that all monies raised through Goodwill stores go to a very noble cause. Thanks
Montana_4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
So, if I sleep on a memory foam mattress will it help slow down my CRS (can't remember stuff) disease as I get older? I love Kathi's description of putting one on her bed.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Pam
What if it takes your memory away! LOL
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Pam, you should have been there....Paul stayed down in the livingroom. He was afraid that if he came up to help us he would get lost in the foam...It was all over the bedroom. I mean you should have seen us. Then we did get it down on the bed only to find out that we forgot to put the cover on it....My daughter was laughing so hard she was crying...LOL Good Luck and let me know how everything goes for you. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
djdecock
Established Member

M.O.C. #3220
You will just love your Memory Visco-elastic mattress. We've had a king on our bed at home for several years and after 10 nights on our brand new king bed in our 2005 3475RL decided we had to either buy a good mattress or a memory foam one! This is the order we use for our bed:
mattress, memory foam mattress and cover(came with it), quilted mattress pad, and bottom sheet...

Kathi--hello to another Montanan--we can attest to wrestling with the compressed king foam mattress! It had been on for several days and we finally got it turned over and it still needs more to plump up! They are so heavy to handle, but the greatest. Purchased it at Costco's.

Joan & Dick DeCock
Forsyth Montana
2005 Ford 4x4,Diesel, Dually, Extended Cab
2005 3475RL
djdecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #9
Montana_4391
Established Member

M.O.C. #4391
We have one of these memory foam mattress pads on our beds at home as well as on our travel trailer beds. We love them and won't sleep without them. My wife suffers from arthritis in her spine and it's the only way she can sleep decently.

We place the mattress pad directly on the regular mattress and make the bed over top of both of them. The fitted sheet keeps the pad from slding (not that it could!) and we all get a good nights sleep!
Montana_4391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #10
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
We too have a king sized memory foam mattress pad on our bed--bought it on day 1 as we had loved our queen sized one in the previous 5th. I find I need a "cotton" mattress pad over the memory foam, then the sheet, to avoid getting too hot with the memory foam.... You'll love it too!!!
Mariana
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Parrothead, if it takes your memory away, you won't know... so you won't care.

I, too, can vouch for the heat. Got ours for our bed at home in the middle of a hot summer. Lucky guess on my part... get a mattress pad over it. I get to this forum and find out I wasn't so smart after all... everyone here already had that figured out. I just won't tell my DW. Oh, wait... maybe I did?? Now I can't remember...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote