Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #21
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rohrmann

My manual also says use type A ATF. Unfortunately, that fluid was made from whale oil and is no longer made. Lippert has a sheet that gives all the recommended oils for their systems, and is hard to find, but go to:
http://www.lci1.com/support/leveling...rized-leveling

Then scroll down under Lipsheets to 0291:Hydraulic Fluid Recommendation

This sheet will give all the brands recommended, including extreme cold weather fluids, which might help with the sluggish operation of these systems when it's really cold.

There are all the other sheets there that will help with other problems.

Good link. Thank you!

CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #22
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

Just got my RV back from having the rams replaced on the bedroom and big slide on the drivers side. The reservoir tank was only 2/3 full with all slides in. I questioned the tech and he said that was the correct level. I call BS. That's NOT what Lippert says. I'll extend the slides tomorrow to see if there is any fluid left in the reservoir. If not, I'm adding enough to comply with Lipperts recommendation. What a hassle!
FOLLOWUP... it was 17F this A.M. when I ran the slides out. Main slide was sluggish (so was I at 7A.M.) Ran MUCH better at 50F.
I checked fluid quantity in the reservoir when the slides were out and there was still 1/4 tank. Maybe the tech knew what he was talking about and it had been done correctly. I'll be keeping an eye on it just to be sure.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote