Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Flojet Mascerator

Our new 3455 is arriving at the begining of Feb and I have been reading about the new "poop" boom on the Montanas and the difficulty some have in making it as useful because of its size and some difficulties in setting it up.

I have always used a Flojet Mascerator on my tt and it worked extremely well, no mess, no fuss, no bother. I have searched and not found a lot of hits or use of the Flojet here. Do you folks use the Flojet and if not why not? It sure looks easier to setup and use than the new boom, am I missing something?
Thanks

BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
klash
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9399
We have a 2007 Montana 2955RL and for the past 5 years we have been using the
Sewer Solution. Just love it. Our entire system with enough hose for 30 feet, fits in
one of those small Rubbermaid tubs. No stinky hoses on board, no slinkies required, hose simply lays on the ground. It will pump up to 100 feet in distance and to a height of
3 feet. Sure solves the problem in those campgrounds where the in ground drain
connection sticks up 6" or more.

I also carry two 5 foot pieces of !" PVC pipe. This pipe is compatible with the sewer solution
connection going into the ground. With this set up I can actually discharge 40 feet.

Last fall I gave my son a Sewer Solution set up for his fifth wheel, and we used his and mine
together to pump his tanks from the trailer to an in ground drain 60 feet away. Worked
like a charm.

You can buy the Sewer Solution from Camping World, but cheaper to buy direct from
the supplier in WA state.

Check it out at: www.sewersolution.com
klash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I have a Flo-Jet and use it when I need to. We stay on a farm for about six weeks in the summer and we pump about 150 feet
to a drain with no problem. When we are in a FHU park I use the 3 in hose because I think draining faster leaves your tanks cleaner.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by helmick

I have a Flo-Jet and use it when I need to. We stay on a farm for about six weeks in the summer and we pump about 150 feet
to a drain with no problem. When we are in a FHU park I use the 3 in hose because I think draining faster leaves your tanks cleaner.
I dont use mine untill it is parked in front of the house and then pump out the tank, but only then, any other time I use the 3 inch as Ron does. its to slow for me to use at a camp ground and I also think I get it cleaner with the 3 inch dump.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
I just read the reviews on the CW website. Based on what I read,I don't think I would be interested. It's a good idea but it still needs some more work.
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltandLynne

I just read the reviews on the CW website. Based on what I read,I don't think I would be interested. It's a good idea but it still needs some more work.
I have a early version before the Tedford buy out. the maserator does exactly what it advertises, I dont have any problems with that, it is a way to dump in areas that access is diffacult, and your not in a hurry. I have always believed the 3" hose is the best for any tank clean out, mass water flow creates a vacume and it pulls the waiste out much better. of course this is what I have witnessed over the years of camping, there are probably others that disagree to this thery, but what work for one dont another.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #7
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
We use the flojet and have pumped 150 feet with no poblem. It has been trouble free for over two years.
lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltandLynne

I have a early version before the Tedford buy out. the maserator does exactly what it advertises, I dont have any problems with that, it is a way to dump in areas that access is diffacult, and your not in a hurry. I have always believed the 3" hose is the best for any tank clean out, mass water flow creates a vacume and it pulls the waiste out much better. of course this is what I have witnessed over the years of camping, there are probably others that disagree to this thery, but what work for one dont another.
We have had ours 2 years and it works just like it`s suppose to.
I agree with Trailer Trash 2
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We use a macerator when necessary. Comes in handy when we visit our aunt in Victorville, CA. Drain is 100 feet away from where we park in her yard. I made our own macerator setup, using a pump purchased from one of the Camper supply stores; I don't remember which one. Set it up with a switch and a 15-amp, in-line fuse.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Thanks for the replys, I have always used the Mascerator, I guess I'll have to try out the 3" and see what I've been missing.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
I bought the flo jet form Camper World for my Christmas present. We camp at places without sewer hookups so have to bring it home and dump using 75' of pipe. That's why it is my Christmas present to me.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote