Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Slide question

Our large slide, sofa and dinning room table, was not down on the floor like it normally is after a 300 mile trip today. This is the second time I have noticed this with this being the worse. It looks fine on the outside, tight to the body. Could this happen when hittig a hard bump or should I be looking for a problem?

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am always on the lookout for anomalies. If it is weird and I can't figure it out, I call my dealer service manager. He has seen a lot more than I have and has talked me through some simple fixes on the road.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
I just put the slides out and everthing worked and seems OK. The only thing I noticed was the top hit long before the bottom but this could be normal since I don't always watch things like I was doing then. Will put it back in latter & see what if this just could be from the ride?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Top and sides should hit about the same time, within a couple of inches anyway, either opening or closing. When you bring it in, does it lay down flat or is it still up? It could be that your slide is out of vertical adjustment. A big bounce or jar might be enough to mess up the adjustment if the nuts weren't real tight.

When the slide is in, I think it should be fairly flat on the floor or just slightly up so that it does not wear grooves in the carpet.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Cyrus,
I had a simular issue when I let them out, battery only. Hooked up and slides work as they should. Turned out to be a weak battery, charged it up and slide worked fine. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
The slide is OK when out and tight to the side when in. It goes in and out fine. I think maybe it's been this way all along and not a problem? Since it's on carpet in the back half and not the front half it would make since that the front would have a gap. Getting old and not use the camper as much maybe the mind is playing tricks on me?