Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #21
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
My husband and I went a couple weeks ago to "just look". We have a 2007 2955rl and looked at the 3400. It was all we could do to not get it. We decided to sleep on it and after not sleeping all night stressing about it we both got up the next morning and decided we loved ours and we would be stupid to move up to that at this time. Not to say we wouldn't in the future. We also loved the new gadgets.

kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #22
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
We looked not long ago, DW said "We don`t need it" and thats all it takes. We lose no sleep but have good dreams of a new one!! Reality kicks in and you have to agree with Her, I don`t have payments and why would I need them. "A happy Wife is a happy home"
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #23
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
We did the same thing, except we bought.
I bought a Mounty 348RLS in 2005 and loved it but everytime we went out we made a mental list of things we wish it had.
We went to the dealer where we bought it and looked at the 3400RL and the BigSky. We bought the 3400RL that day.
The dealer gave me more than I paid new for the mounty and discounted the 3400RL about 14%.
When we talked payments they offered 5.7%. I called my bank and got a better deal at 4.99%. They offered the same rate. I told them I would rather deal with my local bank. They offered 4.6% so I took it.
We love our new Montana.
Danny & Judy
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #24
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Going to the shows and the dealerships is scarey but I do it. The Columbus RV show in 2007 is the first time on leaving the show Mary and I liked our rig just as much as some we saw. Our 06 3000RK works great for us. We spent the years between 97 and 2006 changing rigs every other year till we finally found the Monty.

The RV show this year the Titaniam was pick of show even made us call up our loact Monty dealer and go see him. Mary let him know she is looking at the Titanium rig, she likes the bigger bathrooms. He is going to call us when he gets his newer rigs in. What do ya think? am I in trouble or not. Lets go camping.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #25
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
We have a 2005 2955RL and still love it! With all the improvement that have been done on it, it maybe better that a new one, that's what keeps me from looking at new models. We live in Illinois and the 2955 has seen the Atlantic and Pacific ocean. I really think that like the 05 GMC truck that camper is still not even broken in yet!
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #26
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
I have sold and bought three 5vers in the last three years, I hope I am done for awhile. My new one is the 2008 3400RL, my old one was a 2005 2980RL. I didn't pay anymore,and in some cases less for a new one then what they wanted here locally for a used one. ( Utah ) I won't tell you the difference you wouldn't believe me, I bought the 2008 3400RL in Indiana.I bought the 2005 used here at home and sold it 18 months later for 1k less than I paid for it, It sold one hour after I listed it. Used Montanas do not sit long here,I chased used ones for awhile before I bought the 2008, either they were sold or they were asking too much for them ,and yet they still sold. It would surprise me if I couldn't sell my mine in two or three years and get what I paid or close to it.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 AM   #27
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I had my in for some service and asked what I would get on a trade (2005 3295rk)and was insulted and to add insult to injury the salesman said they change the values every 3 months.I left with what I came with.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote