Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Slide leaks

Went upstate to check on my camper 2019 3791RD. Both my rear slides are leaking. The northeast got pelted with rain this week and the trailer leaked terribly. Anyone having issues with the slides leaking?

Scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
It will take some detective work to locate the leaks and you will need to be there when it’s raining and leaking. I’m assuming your slides were out? Over the years we had several slides leak, and everyone of the leaks were from the windows on the ends of the slides and were leaking from between the window frame and the side wall where they used caulking tape. The gap was extremely small, and doubt you could get a sheet of paper to fit in it. After the first leak, I used silicone caulking to seal all the way around the frame and that stopped the leak. A couple years later the window at the other end of the same slide started leaking and I sealed it also. Then a couple years ago, the window in the bed slide started leaking. I ended up sealing that window and all the rest of the windows in the rig and have not had a leak since. In all the leaks, the water would get into the wall through that gap at the window frame, run down inside the wall and then migrate under the wall into the carpet of the slide. Good luck finding your leak.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:37 AM   #3
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Believe or not, the slides dont leak when open. They leak when closed. Got on a ladder to check for debris on the slide that would prevent a seal. Nothing. Luckily I had an area rug laid on the floor. It absorbed all the water and prevented the water from seeping under the vinyl floor and saturating the wood subfloor.
Scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote