Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #81
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Denise,

Don't worry, there will most likely be someone taking pictures..huh, Jo-Anna?

Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #82
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We should schedule this after dark to save some wood for another nights campfire. We would be happy to bring the smores fixing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Dick & Jackie Driver
Old 11-27-2008, 03:05 AM   #83
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Anderson

Dennis ; Your in luck!! Ive got this great propane tourch that we use for burning off grass and pine needles, It's a gazzillion BTU's and almost gauranteed to take off those ugly old decals!!! If we cut the fuel mixture to Half propane/half Scotch, I'm sure Dick and I can have those nasty decals off in a jiffy. the cleanup and new decals will be up to Carl and the local fire Dept.But this is going to be THE EVENT of the rally!!!!.....................DAVE
Breaking News!

Dateline Quartzsite:

Several MOC members appear to have been the subject to some bizzare "Burning Man" type ritual! It was reported by the local Quartzsite Fire Department that several trailers were burned to the ground on or about January 19.

It appears that a small crowd gathered around one rig owned by a disabled senior citizen. Although no clear motive has been discovered many in the crowd believed the subject senior citizen was "simply too big for his britches and needed to be brought down a peg or two."

This feeling apparently got out of hand and someone (an EX Pastor) produced a weapon. The flame thrower was instantly ignited and before another Scotch could be poured the torch was directed to the rig. The Scotch man, known only as Dick, denied any prior knowledge of the flame throwing incident. He maintains he is innocent. However an investigative reporter has discovered that the Scotch man apparently is a jet pilot and has access to some technically advanced aircraft. More info will be forthcoming re this possible Terrorist link. Before anyone could say "pour me another box of wine" the decals on the rig were instantly afire!

This action seemed to bring the rowdy mob to life! Suddenly spirits of all kinds were being thrown at the subject rig BUT also at several nearby rigs!

By the time the venerable Quartzsite Fire Department arrived several rigs were totally involved. All the FD could do was try to save the nearby rigs. Fortunately, other than Mr. Hill's Montana, only one other Montana was burned. This rig apparently belonged to one of "The Pastor's" helpers..... Known only as Butch. All the other rigs that were burned were SOBs!

A spokesman for the Q FD said there was an active arson investigation ongoing and no further information could be released.

A call to the Q Police Department indicated that "The Pastor" and his henchman had been arrested and were being held incommunicado in an undisclosed location.

Our sources indicate this may well be a much larger plot and an unknown number of individuals may be involved.

Until this incident is officially closed be on your guard!

Reported by your local Quartzsite Bookstore Owner..... The Naked Guy!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:22 AM   #84
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Oh my! I'll have my camera fully charged and ready to go!

Jo-Anna
Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 AM   #85
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
OK Mr. Hill what did you lace your coffee with this AM?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #86
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Wanted: Quartzsiteland Security Commissioner

Job Description:
Thoroughly inspect all incoming Montana's and SOB's for incendiary devices.

Check all persons for expired aircraft licenses.

Check all persons for expired Pastor licenses.

Check all persons ID's for the name "Butch".

If any of the above are found, park them by themselves in a group away from the other participants, maybe near the Escapee's group, but definitely at the opposite end away from DHenry's SOB.

Anyone interested in this position please apply here or email HamRad directly. :-)
Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #87
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
It's a little early in the day to be hitting that funny stuff.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #88
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Well where was the Firetrucker during all this? He was in charge of fire control
Old 11-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #89
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Since my middle name is Montag, and I carry accelerant as well as water, you can never tell for sure what fire control means for me; but I'd be there exercising it. Considering that I also always carry a camera, I'm sure I could make a good documentary and draw a lot of hits on YouTube.

Charlie, I don't think I ever posted about the wonderful visit with you and Nila outside Creech AFB in downtown Indian Springs, Nevada. We were thrilled that you stopped to say hello. We got everything under control with Doc, but we were still finding the goathead stickers when we got home.

Bob
Old 11-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #90
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,

OK..... I'll bring some books! Or we can just burn the instructions on how to do the decals!

Dennis
Old 11-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #91
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
With "Aqua Boy" participating I don't see how anything could catch fire. It seems that everything he touches is wringing wet.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #92
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Dennis, now there's a word that's never been in my vocabulary. Failure is having to read the manual. The results are far more interesting and serendipitous when the manual is nowhere to be found. After all, look at what everyone has done with their Montanas.

Bob
Old 11-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #93
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob, (Montag),

Failure is not an option. You are corrct. The results are always more interesting when a manual of instruction is nowhere to be found. As you stated.... the results speak for themselves!

Really looking forward to some time in Q.

See you folks soon.

Dennis
Old 11-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #94
rphoward
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4471
I'm laughing so hard and trying to read the postings re replacing decals to Ray. Qsite is sooooo much fun. Do we need a job posting for a "peanut gallery coordinator"?

How many days Robbie?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #95
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ray and Pam,

Since you asked so kindly;

There are only 47 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes and 43 seconds until the Quartzsite Rally!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #96
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Pam, Thank you for volunteering to be the "Peanut Gallery Coordinator" for the decal replacement event. I am sure you will make it a event to remember.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #97
rphoward
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4471
Gee Doug, I do believe I will accept the open position of "peanut gallery coordinator" for the decal replacement party.

Ideas anyone?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #98
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
I'll bring yellow plastic tape for crowd control.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #99
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dick,

Black Velvet would work better for crowd control. You could start with the peanut gallery and work your way to the installers!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #100
cosmicbear
Established Member

M.O.C. #7997
Better late then never but just getting around to letting you know we will be there a bit early and stay the whole time. Really looking forward to learning a ton of stuff as this will be our first 'boondocking' experience. Have a Honda20000i generator I have never even put the oil in...boy do I feel all 'virginish'.
Closed Thread