Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Carpet replacement

We have a 2012 3582 and I am replacing the carpet with Nucore floating floor. The dinette slide has a lip on it that is a challenge so I am considering trying to find some of the new synthetic carpet that is common on the new units. Does anyone know where I can get this product? My dealer has no idea. Also, has anyone used this product and replaced your carpet? How has it held up etc? How did you handle the “lip” on the slide as it transitions to the main floor?

Thanks in advance for any commemts.

Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petmoose View Post
We have a 2012 3582 and I am replacing the carpet with Nucore floating floor. The dinette slide has a lip on it that is a challenge so I am considering trying to find some of the new synthetic carpet that is common on the new units. Does anyone know where I can get this product? My dealer has no idea. Also, has anyone used this product and replaced your carpet? How has it held up etc? How did you handle the “lip” on the slide as it transitions to the main floor?

Thanks in advance for any commemts.
We have a 2011 3750fl. I replaced the bedroom and living room carpet with vinyl plank and it has held up very well. I am going to be replacing the dining slide flooring soon but I have to decide what material. Our dining area carpet hits our stairs and the depth means that no matter what the slide flooring contacts the stairs. I have a few ideas but nothing for sure yet.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:24 AM   #3
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
I pulled all the carpet from our Montana yesterday - main floor and slides. (I’ve yet to put the carpet from the bedroom/bath upstairs) I’m going to put a sheet of 5mm plywood on the slide floor to bring the vinyl plank up to near the top of the plastic runner on the slide. It will leave about 1/2” of the runner showing but that’s okay with me.

The thing I’m trying to figure out is how to cover the heads of the carriage bolts and the 1/4” rise from the main floor next to the slide out. I may just run the plank flooring up to the bolt heads and then glue down a piece of trim or transition to cover them and little strip of plywood next the runner. Or add a one inch strip of 1/4” plywood along the main floor edge where it meets the slide out runner. I could cut the underside of the plywood where it goes over the carriage bolt heads, and then glue down either transition or flooring over it.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
I realize this is a dated thread but maybe someone has the answer about the new squishy stuff.
In our MHC 2019 in the dining area, under the recliners we have that gross carpet. My feet always feel dirty ick. Anyway

In new 2020/2021 Montana's and other Rigs they are using that squishy smooth vinyl like stuff. It is not a wood look but MATERIAL looking.
OMG I need this.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Maybe this might be a good option IF op has not made any decisions yet.
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote