Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #1
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Montana 3791RD GFCI problems

Yesterday an electrician changed the breaker outside our fifth wheel at the post in our campground. Once his work was completed, he turned the power back on. In our kitchen I have two electric outlets that will not work now. They are both GFCI protected, but there is not a reset button. I tried the breakers and this didn't resolve the problem. Has anyone had this problem, or can you offer any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #2
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
You need to find the GFCI outlet with the reset. most likely in the bathroom or kitchen island area. they are designed to protect up to 5 regular outlets per GFI outlet.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #3
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
You need to find the GFCI outlet with the reset. most likely in the bathroom or kitchen island area. they are designed to protect up to 5 regular outlets per GFI outlet.
Thank you. Yes, it was in the bathroom. I really appreciate your help.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
Thank you. Yes, it was in the bathroom. I really appreciate your help.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
We are currently considering trading for a 2018 3791RD. How long have you been in yours and what is your opinion of the unit. We are full timers and have been in our current 3585SA for 6 years. We could really use the additional storage space.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Hopefully this helps:

Things I love:
1. Extra storage under the belly. (holds our dogs fence while traveling and all of my husbands' fishing gear)
2. Kitchen cabinet storage is exceptional, more than you will ever need or use.
3. I love my pantry! Holds plenty and don't have to run to the grocery very often.
4. Love the big sink in the kitchen (it's large enough to bath my dog)
5. Love the large shower and storage in bathroom.
6. Love my closet, I can keep it well organized and laundry is easy to do. It's compact, but the space works for us.

Things I don't love:
1. I miss a full couch, one you can lay down on. And ours are extremely uncomfortable. When you use the couch as a bed, your guest is going to need to sleep backwards as the foot of the bed is higher than the head of the bed. Couches get zero stars.
2. Appliances, think low end. No smart TV, microwave convection oven is at best sub-standard. (never reaches desired temperature when using convection mode). Again, zero stars for the High Pointe convection microwave.
3. Mattress is fine for six months, but you are going to want to replace it.
4. Ask for G rated tires, you need them on this rig.

I am sure there is more that my husband would add. But if you were to ask me would I buy it again, I would say yes. We work out of town for months at a time and this camper works very well for our needs. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
We are currently considering trading for a 2018 3791RD. How long have you been in yours and what is your opinion of the unit. We are full timers and have been in our current 3585SA for 6 years. We could really use the additional storage space.
My apologies, our unit is a 2016, and we work on the road for a living. We have been in it for the past six months this go round.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Hopefully this helps:

Things I love:
1. Extra storage under the belly. (holds our dogs fence while traveling and all of my husbands' fishing gear)
2. Kitchen cabinet storage is exceptional, more than you will ever need or use.
3. I love my pantry! Holds plenty and don't have to run to the grocery very often.
4. Love the big sink in the kitchen (it's large enough to bath my dog)
5. Love the large shower and storage in bathroom.
6. Love my closet, I can keep it well organized and laundry is easy to do. It's compact, but the space works for us.

Things I don't love:
1. I miss a full couch, one you can lay down on. And ours are extremely uncomfortable. When you use the couch as a bed, your guest is going to need to sleep backwards as the foot of the bed is higher than the head of the bed. Couches get zero stars.
2. Appliances, think low end. No smart TV, microwave convection oven is at best sub-standard. (never reaches desired temperature when using convection mode). Again, zero stars for the High Pointe convection microwave.
3. Mattress is fine for six months, but you are going to want to replace it.
4. Ask for G rated tires, you need them on this rig.

I am sure there is more that my husband would add. But if you were to ask me would I buy it again, I would say yes. We work out of town for months at a time and this camper works very well for our needs. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply! Actually my wife at 5'0" laid down on one of the couches Sunday and had no problem. As far as making into a bed the only over night company we have is small grands and they will sleep anywhere. As far as TV goes we like a good flat screen but does not have to be "smart". Dumb like me is just fine! The Frigidaire micro/conv we have now doesn't reach selected temp either and we have learned to adjust for it and already plan to keep our memory foam mattress. The 2018 already has Sailun "G" rated tires so no problem there either.

If you or your husband have anything else to add please pass it on. We are leaning toward pulling the trigger on this one soon.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #9
dreamscometrue92014

M.O.C. #20700
Try to reset the one in the bathroom also. I think our dealer told about it.
dreamscometrue92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
A couple big improvements on the 3790/91 from 2015 (ours) is the steps are not carpeted anymore, the storage under the rear den no has a pull out rack at the very back and as you mentioned they come with G rated tires. A couple of things that are negative from our 2015 3790/91 is they took out the cloths hamper in the bedroom & the kitchen sink is now quite small. Otherwise pretty much the same unit. Also we don't like the new bathroom door compared to ours but that is a personal thing, ours we leave open pretty much all the time other than when in use. The new units have a closet door type bifold thing and it sticks out in the walkway somewhat so you have to squeeze by it when it is open... Otherwise we love the layout....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Thanks speedster100. I REALLY like the pull-out tray from the rear compartment door.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Also we put a 2 inch foam mattress cover on the mattress and now we both sleep better in the trailer than we do on our $6000 mattress in the house... As I say we love the layout, love the storage and you can pretty much control pin weight on the truck via moving things around in the front and rear storage. Honestly it is an awesome long term living layout.. We thought about trading to get the rear pullout and one thing I wish we had was the Thermal windows... The Grand Design Solitaire comes standard with the Thermal windows it has the same layout pretty much with a few fancier things inside, really like it as well but it has a flat ceiling inside while the Montana has the curved ceiling which gives it the feel of being more spacious. Don't think you can go wrong but one thing if you buy this model you MUST DO is ensure YOU CLOSE THE CONTROLS PANEL DOOR EACH AND EVERYTIME you open it or you will be sorry and your head will be marked...
Old 10-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #13
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster100 View Post
A couple big improvements on the 3790/91 from 2015 (ours) is the steps are not carpeted anymore, the storage under the rear den no has a pull out rack at the very back and as you mentioned they come with G rated tires. A couple of things that are negative from our 2015 3790/91 is they took out the cloths hamper in the bedroom & the kitchen sink is now quite small. Otherwise pretty much the same unit. Also we don't like the new bathroom door compared to ours but that is a personal thing, ours we leave open pretty much all the time other than when in use. The new units have a closet door type bifold thing and it sticks out in the walkway somewhat so you have to squeeze by it when it is open... Otherwise we love the layout....
I love my hamper, but the washer dryer layout was awkward in the 2015. I make it work. Glad they removed the carpet. I hear the new ones are going to have better appliances too. Can't beat a Montana...
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #14
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
We didn't get the washer/dryer combo, find they are really too small and given we boondock at Bluegrass festivals alot during the summer months in Canada we didn't see them as a good fit thus we use the extra room for storage... As to the appliances we have a top line professional model fridgadaire convection/microwave in the house that is 2 years old and it also does not keep temps where it says they are so I'm not really concerned with the appliances. We have the Norcold RV fridge and it's been wonderful with no issues.... again as we boondock it was the only answer for us.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We have the High Pointe Convection/Microwave and have started to conquer the convection side by actually reading the instructions numerous times. To get the temp for the baking one must "Preheat" the oven, which we did not realize previously and since we have started that it seems to work a whole lot better. We like the 3790 also but are satisfied at the present time with our "old" 2013 3582RL. Maybe someday, who knows!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #16
Susan M
Established Member

M.O.C. #17279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
We have the High Pointe Convection/Microwave and have started to conquer the convection side by actually reading the instructions numerous times. To get the temp for the baking one must "Preheat" the oven, which we did not realize previously and since we have started that it seems to work a whole lot better. We like the 3790 also but are satisfied at the present time with our "old" 2013 3582RL. Maybe someday, who knows!
I preheat every time, still doesn't reach temp. But I have learned to work around it. Who knows, by the time you are ready, there may be a layout that you love even more!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #17
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
I preheat every time, still doesn't reach temp. But I have learned to work around it. Who knows, by the time you are ready, there may be a layout that you love even more!
We will probably use the standard oven more since with them you don't have to stand on your head to light the pilot light.