Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
Justme44
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18168
Slides are out while parked for winter

I live in Montana and we have had some very cold days (-30) with lots of snow. A cold wet winter. Was wondering if this could cause my slides to come out. Unit is year 2000, 3280RL. The bedroom slide is full out and the other two are out an inch or two from the bottom with top full in. This has been a very solid unit with no problems. I saw a post about the slides coming out but can't find the post. I am at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks Dennis.

Justme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
We've discussed several times about slides moving out a bit, but never at full travel, so I don't know what's going on with your unit. Generally if the slides creep out a few inches, either a cylinder piston seal is shot or the integral check valve in your pump is bad. If it is narrowed down to the pump ...I think the pumps on your model are obsolete by now. If you have air in the system ... cycle the slides in and out 3-4 times and the system will self bleed.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
Justme44
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18168
Thanks dieselguy ... The only thing I know right now is that the pump is full of oil. I think I will wait until it warms up and then cycle all the slides as you suggested. I don't want to harm the rubber while the weather is still a bit cold. So .. I guess it will be another month before I attempt the fix. DW is talking about maybe some kind of device that could block the slide from creeping. Could you give me the link to the other posts about this problem? Thanks Dennis
Justme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Click on this link and choose which thread(s) you want to look thru.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...?searchid=1267
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote