Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Rear Television not receiving ???

Have a 2006 3400 Montana and not able to receive cable signal back to rear TV. Here's my current setup: Site cable comes in and goes into a splitter, one cable then goes out from the splitter to the back of my DVD player while the other goes into the living room TV. Above where the incoming cable come in from the outside theres a jumper cable connection. In the rear I've connected the cable from the TV to the Winegard box located on inside of the closet wall, switch is in the OFF position for cable. Not receiving a signal, what am I missing or have hooked up wrong? Thanks for your time.

John & Barbara Koerber

Koerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I have mine set for years so my memory isn't what it should be on this. If I remember right that little jumper can be connected two ways. One way caused a similar problem for me. The other way and everything worked.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Not sure I understand your description, maybe this will help you - (its been a while, but this is how I remember it)
The cable signal comes in from the convenience center to the front of the trailer, ties to the over the air antenna booster and runs to the main room TV cabinet. On the back wall of that cabinet there is a panel with two male cable connectors, and another with one. The LR TV connects to the outlet with a single connector. The other two connectors are cabled together, which runs the signal back to the bedroom TV.
Check this thread too.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=37324
HTH's
-Steve
sapest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Sapest.... Your discription is how mine's hooked up but still no signal. My source connection come into the trailer right outside the fireplace slider, I hook my cable into the single male connector., Above the single outlet is a connection plate labeled "Cable / Satellite " which has two male connections hooked together by a short cable. My cable then comes from the wall and hooks into a splitter...... one cable runs from the splitter to the DVD Player and the other directly to the TV. I'm at a lost for solutions, hopefully someone out there has run into the same issue.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:32 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
The jumper cable on mine comes out of booster plate and goes to another plate with three connectors, top labeled bedroom which it is hooked to, next is sat, and last is outside tv. The last time my bedroom tv failed to receive...the cable behind the bedroom tv had fallen off and it had a very crappy crimp which I still need to fix. John
Old 05-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Did this ever work correctly? If it did once and is not working now, I would suspect failure as jcurtis934 suggests. Something has failed or fallen off. The OEM cable and crimp work was "lesser quality" on our 06 3400.

If this has never worked, perhaps rehooking things the way Keystone wired the trailer might be a good test? Move your source connection to the CC, everything else sounds like its right, and see if you get a bedroom signal?

Stupid question, is the bedroom TV set for the correct input?

-Steve
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Thank you all for your replies but still no luck with the rear TV. We own a 2005 3400RL and after looking at the wiring diagram I'm finding myself really confused. If I insert a cablebox should it go in the bedroom or the TV center over the fireplace? Our model doesn't have a convenince center, our park cable input is directly outside the TV/Fireplace side which led me to believe that the cablebox would hook to the splitter sending one signal to the main TV (which works) and the other to the rear TV (which doesn't).
Old 07-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
One cable box driving two TV's = both TV's get the same signal, unless your cable box has twin outlets and each can be controlled independent of the other.
Did you try any of the suggestions made already?

-Steve
Old 07-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #9
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Steve, No I wouldn't want that setup. What I was trying to determine was why when hooked up to park-cable I'm only receiving it in the living room and not into the bedroom TV. I've seen, or read somewhere, that in the older Montana's the signal first goes into the bedroom then out to the living room ? One of these days maybe a lightbulb will illuminate over my head and the answer will present it's self.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The antenna signal goes into the bedroom first. The cable signal goes into the living room first. The key is the jumper being in the proper position, unless the cabling to the bedroom tv has come loose. Our 2007 3400 had a triple jumper in the cabinet above the tv. I cannot remember the details, but the rear tv only received the signal if the short jumper cable was in the proper position.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
^^^^^^ +1
Have you tried changing the jumper connection behind the LR TV?
There is one magic combination that works.
Otherwise, take the plates off the wall and make sure the cable is actually connected!