Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
bkirk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8193
Decals

I know there has been alot of discussions and it is well documented about the problems we are experincing with decals on our 5vers. I to am now having problems with my decals. What a shame, I emailed Burlington about mine and explained that it is totally unacceptable for a two year old trailer to be having this problem. Their response... buy new ones !! Has anyone gotten theirs replaced free of charge? If so, what rep did you speak to or what measures did you take to have them send you replacements. I also have emailed Keystone about this problem. Help from anyone would be appreciated.

bkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
jim mccaskill

M.O.C. #10635
I too have the same problem with the decal. I have a 2009 and the dealer also advised me this should not be. But I was within my right to contact the plant and see what they would do. I was advised by the dealer, Keystone would not send them the decals, BUT he could purchase. I have had no success since, and the decal is really looking rough this summer. I may go to the fall rally and there have the opportunity to visit the plant and see what they say.
jim mccaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
I went to the Burlington Graphics website, and did the request for replacement graphics screen.

Did that on 6/16/10

On 6/30/10 I had not heard anything from them, so I sent an e-mail asking for an update

Within two hours, I received a response saying that my order was set up no charge, and would ship in 6 to 8 weeks. The warranty covers parts only, so you will have to set up removal / installation or do it yourself (this was their words)

I guess I should be receiving the graphics in the next couple of weeks...

FYI - my unit is a 2008 (built 8/08), bought new in Feb 09

Hope this helps you out
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Bkirk I emailed kristen at burlington and she sent mine. But it did take awhile. You just have to be vvveeerryyy patient. I changed mine and then clear coated the cap and it looks great so far I have my fingers crossed.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I understand that the 2010 and up have a 5 year warranty. If mine starts to peel/delaminate I will look at a full body paint. I know it's expensive but at least I will consider it. Has anyone received a quote for a full body paint and if so, what was the quote?
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I had my frontcap graphics replaced a year ago and they are peeling off again. The sides have started to peel off and I am going to just remove them. I am tired of dealing with the dealer and an cheap graphics material. The company I work for uses graphics on all of the vehicles. We have vehicles 15 years old the graphics will not come off. I don't understand what the problem is with the graphics after 2005. Keystone needs to address the problem.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
I AGREE 100%!!! It is the only thing that would stop us from buying another Montana in the future. The graphic's stink! Other brands can be 10 or more years old and the graphic's still look good. It is a problem that Keystone has and they refuse to fix it. They blame it on anything they can think of. Weather, wax, humidity, you name it but it is the consumer who looses in the end. The first thing the Keystone salesman will ask you when you are trading up is what are the graphic's like? He knows they have issues and he can't resell for top $$$. Who wants to pay thousands of dollars for a Montana and the graphics peel, shrink, curl, and fade within 2 years??? I love my Montana but I refuse to buy another one until they fix this issue and yes my 2005 graphic's are shrinking by the day and it is garage kept.

Bill
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #8
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
My "MONTANA" name on the front is peeling. Along with a large side stripe. Contacted Kristen @ Burlington. It took a long time but my graphics came in the mail one day out of the blue. I got a estimate here locally for $275 to remove and install them.
We leave our camper full time @ a campground. Our neighbor scratched the aluminum bottom in two places while mowing. To repair it will cost about $800. Nothings cheep!
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #9
bearcatoo

M.O.C. #10440
Hi - We're new here and have had our 2006 2955RL for 4 months. The graphics are curling awful. I e-mailed Burlington and received a reply the next day with a link to the new pages they have set up to purchase the graphics. It's going to be over a thousand to replace all the graphics, plus about twice that to have the old ones removed and put the new ones on. We're hesitant to spend that much then in a couple of years the same thing happen again. We've e-mail them asking about a warranty on the new ones.

Shouldn't Keystone be doing a recall because of the wide spread problem?

While searching for the perfect camper, at a price we could live with, we were always impressed with the Montana's....now not so much. It's embarrasing when friends come to admire our new 5th wheel and we have to explain about the curling graphics.

Barney & Genie
bearcatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We have decided that if and when ours all fall off we refuse to spend $$$ to put Montana's name back on. I won't have a naked MONTANA but will go to a sign shop and have a scene or something else put on. I refuse to advertise Montana's name when they will not stand behind the graphics knowing they have issues. The rediculous thing is the new ones are not any better. People are on here with brand new Montana's seeing issues in less than a year or two.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
It appears, according to trailer life, that keystone discontinued using berlington graphics. Don't know if that's true, just what I read. Maybe that is why burlington is now charging for the graphics on their webpage. I ordered mine a month or so ago and there was no pricing on the webpage and I was told they were no charge. Seriously doubt that we will receive those graphics. What I really hate we have more that are now curling that were okay when we ordered those replacements.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

It appears, according to trailer life, that keystone discontinued using berlington graphics. Don't know if that's true, just what I read. Maybe that is why burlington is now charging for the graphics on their webpage. I ordered mine a month or so ago and there was no pricing on the webpage and I was told they were no charge. Seriously doubt that we will receive those graphics. What I really hate we have more that are now curling that were okay when we ordered those replacements.
I saw that in Trailer Life also. It was a reader that had sent in a a complaint about the graphics and wasn't happy about Burlington's response, so I don't know how accurate that is. My new 2011 just recently came with graphics from Burlington with a three year guarantee. I agree that they need to do something and dread the day the mine may start to peel also.