Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Joe Wakeman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9349
Hard to find water leak in a 3465

I have water in the carpet between the slide and kitchen cabinet in my 3465SA. Took it to the dealer where I find out I am not the only one with this problem.
It looks like the water enters via the bottom front corner of the refrigerator vent. Than runs inside the wall until it comes out ahead of the slide.

It occurred in a all night gentle rain with no wind just volume, about 1.5 inches.

The dealer spent a lot of hours to figure this out on the unit before mine.

So heads up if any of you run into this problem with your unit.

Joe Wakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Is the water entering from the roof vent or the vent on the wall? We also have a 3465SA and have had one water problem. I was washing the roof and splashing water under the refrigerator roof vent. It run down inside the cabinet and onto the floor in front of the refrigerator. I have been more careful washing the roof since then and haven't had any more water problems.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Is the refrigerator in a slide in your model like it is in ours? The vent is a different possible source but another is when a slide seal is turned under with the slide extended. We get water every time during a rain when the seal is turned under. Good luck finding yours.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Joe Wakeman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9349
Thanks for the info. FYI, the frig is not in a slide and the water is coming in through the sidewall vent based on the dealers search so far.
Joe Wakeman is offline   Reply With Quote