Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
HoundDog

M.O.C. #9032
Please Help Me Get Help

Hi, new here. Joined back in Nov. when we got a new 2008 324RLQ Mountaineer. Only used it a few times and getting a few things fixed. I have been lurking around the site and learning a lot. This is the BEST site!!
Now for my problem that might not be a big one but need help. Never had daynite shades before and found out that half of the end caps are missing from them. Found this out after one of the shades came out and was torn. Dealer ordered new ones but they were the wrong kind. I gave him one of ours and he contacted Keystone and even sent a pic of it and they said that they have never used those caps before and they don't use our type of shades. When I did a search on here, I saw on a shade repair the exact same end caps. My question is how do I contact Keystone, what is the best way or do I just try to find them myself? This is a new camper that came straight from the factory. What gives?

HoundDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Someone will be along to help you out. What little I know is that somewhere on the shades is the manufacturers label. You may be able to contact them direct.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
I agree - lots of knowlegable folks on here. Someone will have likely already found a solution for your issue

Congrats on the 324RLQ - NICE RIG!!! (I'm a little biased )

You can probably ask your dealer for a contact number for Keystone, or contact them thru their web-site.
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
try this speciality window covering, 1614 n. Eisenhower dr, Goshen, in 46526 574-262-5190. All of our day night shades have end caps..

When you contact Keystone you might wnat to ask them that if they do not use your type of shades how they came to be installed in a Keystone product..Keystone 574-535-2100..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Call Keystone at toll free 866-425-4369 and ask for Denise Davis.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
HoundDog

M.O.C. #9032
Thanks for all the quick responses. The dealer has been working on this for over 3 weeks and my DH did ask the dealer if they had changed the shades since Keystone said they were not theirs. So I just wanted to see if I could get a quicker response from Keystone than the dealer. I would like to see what they (Keystone) will say to me. Thanks again for the numbers and info!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Hound dog I had the same problem with those end caps falling off and a long time ago sombody from here reccomended a size 2 or 3 Stainless screw in the ends through the bottom and into the caps sence I did that I never had a problem with the caps ever comming off.

Hound dog I found time to get a picture of how I secured the caps.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
PM and ask 1happycamper as he has this unit i think ,,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hounddog, as TT2 said, a small screw will keep those caps in place. So will a small spot of glue, just enough to hold them in place but still allowing removal, just in case. Those caps are important. Without them you're going to find the shades tend to slide out of the bars and can rip. Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
HoundDog

M.O.C. #9032
Well, finally the dealer has got the caps straightened out and they should be here within the next two days. I will put in small screws when I get them. How I found out I was missing so many was when one of the shades did come out and did rip. Now I have to see if they are going to replace it or not.
Our biggest problem so far has been the front landing gear motor. The housing or what ever you call it that holds the motor has broken twice in the corner and then the motor spins around when you try to use it. The Dealer has replaced it once and the new one broke in the same place. I don't know it it is a design flaw or the metal is weak there. It is suppose to be replaced in the next two days also. I feel that if that is the worst than that is not too bad after reading some of the problems that the others have had. Hope I don't jinx myself!!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Something I have done to help avoid tearing of the daynight shades and excessive wear on the strings is to release some of the tension on the strings. This can be done by backing off the screws at the bottom and allowing some of the string out. This also makes it easier to raise and lower the blinds. Just leave enough tension to prevent the blind from falling under its own weight. Two of the blinds in our 09 Montana were so tight I had to struggle to raise them!
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote