Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #1
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Is BD3 Air hitch worth it?

My wife has sciatica and an issue of the fifth wheel chucking on many roads. I have a Moryde Kingpin hitch and a standard Reese 20K hitch box. I am interested in buying the Trail Saver BD3 air suspension hitch box and wanted to know if those MC owners who have replaced their standard hitch box with this one, did they find a SUBSTANTIAL difference in reducing chucking? Thank you.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
unclesam
Established Member

M.O.C. #18286
100% better.well worth the money
unclesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Cook-Den
Established Member

M.O.C. #21280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
My wife has sciatica and an issue of the fifth wheel chucking on many roads. I have a Moryde Kingpin hitch and a standard Reese 20K hitch box. I am interested in buying the Trail Saver BD3 air suspension hitch box and wanted to know if those MC owners who have replaced their standard hitch box with this one, did they find a SUBSTANTIAL difference in reducing chucking? Thank you.
Hey Art, Definitely worth the time and money. Check their web site and watch the video. i have the BD3 in my 3500 chevy pulling a 2018 305rl and at times i have to check the rear view mirror to make sure its still there. The chucking is not noticed at all and further more it significantly reduces the strain and jostling of the trailer which helps keep everything in place. I carry only 35lbs. of air in my hitch but you will have adjust to your needs. Bottom line you will definitely notice a big improvement.

Happy Trails
Denny
Cook-Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
Jts140
Established Member

M.O.C. #13958
Yes its worth it.

Hello, Wife and I just got back from a big trip. She left a water bottle on the counter of the RV and after three hours on I-75 in GA we stopped to find it still standing there. I have over 12k miles on it and my trailer is still in perfect shape. We had it from the start 2014 along with Moryde IS suspension with disc brakes. All my friends have been thru numerous RVs and ours still looks like its new. It is expensive tho..
Jts140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes we have had one since day one and also on our previous Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote