Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #21
JHenry

M.O.C. #23117
We watched the system work at the fall show on both a Dish Tailgator as well as DirectTV SWM system on two separate units and switch between OTA and Cable while the satellite was on (toggled between them using the source button on the TV remote without fail). It works on any satellite system HD or not.

JHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #22
K2mtnman

M.O.C. #23181
I’m sure it works as you designed and tested but mine doesn’t seem to work.

I tried it with both the King DISH unit and directly to my DISH HD unit at home. It looks for the satellites and then times out but when I run the cable into the receiver directly it works.

I have the correct setting on the tv because it works directly..

Took it back to the dealer and they just checked the connections to make sure they were all right .

Is there a way to test the KeyTV to see if it’s funcrioning correctly?
K2mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #23
JHenry

M.O.C. #23117
1: Blue LED is lighted up?
2: You mentioned OTA Channels are coming in - all TVs in the coach? - means distributions is working
3: King Dish is run to the Sat port on the outside of the unit with a clear view to the SW AND the cable running from the Dish to the inlet port is less than 25’.
4: The receiver is plugged in and coax out from the Diplexer labeled Sat is going into the receivers input. The HDMI output is then run into the back of the TV.
JHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #24
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There was a post earlier today that had the Key TV Quick Start Guide and the Key TV Schematics for DirectTV (actually all of the satellite antennas and providers) PDFs . The post is HERE.

The Schematics PDF makes it very clear on how the system works for satellite systems.

The PDFs have also been loaded to the Files system for future reference and easy of locating

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:29 PM   #25
K2mtnman

M.O.C. #23181
Hi JHemry

Thanks again for your latest response. Please understand that I’ve hooked it all up correctly. You made it easy which is a good thing. But you did mention 25’ or less on the coax. I didn’t know that. There was no info that came with the trailer. With that in mind I’ll try a 20’ cable and will no longer use the 50’ one that came with the Dish. Also, it looks like I will no longer be able to connect to my home dish due to the house being pre wired for DISH and I’m sure the run out to our rv pad is more then 25’.

Btw. Both the home DISH and King DISH are pointed In the right direction as they both work when connected directly vs going through the KeyTV.
K2mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #26
John and Barbara
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23309
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2mtnman View Post
Purchased a new 2019 Montana 5th wheel and was excited to use the new KeyTV hookup for my DISH satellite. It doesn't seem to work. Here is what I have accomplished so far:

1- attached satellite coax to SAT on KeyTV located in the outside of the camper
2- attached cable from behind tv to DISH receiver and then HDMI from receiver to TV
3- turned on both TV and receiver and set TV settings to point to the correct HDMI port
4- DISH could not locate any satellites or just timed out
5- called DISH and they never heard about KeyTV even though Keystone claims that it is supported
6- DISH rep had me run a cable through the front door and directly to receiver and everything worked fine.
7- contacted Keystone directly and after many emails and text messages the conclusion is that you should not use a cable longer then 10'.

My camper is 14' tall.

Any thoughts or ideas.my wife keeps tripping over the cable running through the kitchen.
I followed the same steps as you with the same result. I have a pathway X2 dish and Wally receiver. I'll try to run separate Coax to living room TV for now, perhaps a fix will come along later. Thanks for the input.
John and Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #27
R & S Woodie
Established Member

M.O.C. #23084
Very, very sad that Keystone Customer Service is so badly misrepresenting their product! KeyTV has informed us that they have notified Customer Service of the issue but apparently the bad info is still being disseminated.

We too have a new 2019 3931FB and had same issues. It is NOT the length of cable. This is a SWM (Single Wire Mutiswitch) system. This means your satellite and receiver/DVR must both be SWM capable as well. We have Direct with a Winegard Carryout and had to purchased parts from Wnegard to adapt our equipment. Once all the equipment is SWM capable it “should” connect at both TV’s and both local and satellite. If it does not, you may need a new KeyTV part (we did) and then it hooked right up.

Unfortunately you may need to talk directly to KeyTV and Keystone after multiple calls, emails and lots of frustration refused to put us in touch with KeyTV but KeyTV did reach out directly to us via one of our posts and were very helpful. Keystone Customer Service on the other hand just had us chasing our tail - sad!

If you would like to talk to my husband who worked on this for weeks and understands this much better, feel free to give him (Ron) a call directly at 216 area 978 and 1888 (had to break up phone number for security).

I have submitted attachment we received from KeyTV, hopefully it comes through. Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Direct TV Schematics.pdf (414.0 KB, 351 views)
R & S Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #28
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Well I finally got my Satellite TV working with KeyTV with the Winegard Trav'ler 1000 all TV's and over the air TV and Cable and Dish TV all works using....

Wingard DP-3020 Diplexer Dual Satellite Dish TV Antenna Combiners on every cable at the TV wall plate and it works great. Direct TV is easier but Dish antenna with the LNB switching makes it harder.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #29
newksw

M.O.C. #23830
2019 Montana and KeyTV

We are trying to set up our Shaw dish to work on all 3 Tv's in our new Montana. We only get signal on the living room tv and nothing in bedroom or cargo TV's. Any help deeply appreciated. We have had multiple 5th wheels and have never had this much trouble.
newksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #30
Bobford

M.O.C. #23841
Key TV

Anyone have issues with the new”Key TV” multi source signal controllers?
When I hook my satellite to the key tv jack and then go from the satellite jack to my receiver I get no signal. If I bypass the Key TV and go directly to the the receiver from the satellite it works fine.
Bobford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 AM   #31
brogans424
Established Member

M.O.C. #23975
We are having the opposite problem with the KeyTV on our 2019 3121RL. We can’t get OTA channels. We’re only about 15 miles from the local station antennas and can’t pick up a single channel. When I called the Keystone customer service and explained our issue, she told me that they had recently discovered that the KeyTV system would sometimes not pick up close tv stations, that their strong signal was “overwhelming” the RV antenna system. That we could try attaching an attenuator at the KeyTV box to “dumb down” the KeyTV and let it pick up the closer stations. I’ve tried a 3db, 6db and 9db configurations and none worked.

We are on schedule to drop off the RV at the dealer on the 11th (for a separate issue) and they will be looking into the KeyTV issue. We hope there’s a resolution.

We have not tried hooking up to SAT or cable tv.
brogans424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #32
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
This is the problem that I am having with my Jayco I can get a picture in my bedroom but in my living room it will play and lose signal in about 15 minutes might have to run a cable from inside from the outside for my tv in the living room.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:25 AM   #33
akoske
Established Member

M.O.C. #23553
I had a problem picking up ota channels, found coax cable at antenna center wire had plastic coating on it . cleaned off, ran scan whent from 3 to 39 channels.
akoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #34
Drifter409

M.O.C. #24211
Happy to say that the keytv worked great on our 2019 3811ms,as compared to the 3950 br we traded in could never get our dish tv to work thru the wall plates, did the cable out the window trick for six months, btw we use a 25ft coax between tailgater and main, i really think they do not check out the system before it rolls off assembly, we had our dealer show us that the sys worked before we closed our contract.
Drifter409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
Jax

M.O.C. #24473
Key tv

I bought a new keystone cougar and am having the same problem with my key tv. Camping world keeps telling keystone that it doesn’t work and keystone claims it does. We bought this unit because of the key tv. We were told by camping world and keystone that the Winegard G3 and our directv box would work. But it only works when we run it through the window directly to the box. Not through the “KEY TV”. Camping world keeps trying to talk to Keystone and they dont get anywhere with them. We have called many times as well and got no call backs. Ugh...... it cast too much to not work. Sounds to us like false advertising. Has anyone had any luck with this? Sorry i don't own a Montana and am on your site.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #36
Jax

M.O.C. #24473
Our antenna had a short in it. Have your dealer check that
Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #37
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
<snip>
...We were told by camping world and keystone that the Winegard G3 and our directv box would work.
</snip>

<snip>
..Has anyone had any luck with this?
</snip>
The G3 and DTV (SD signal only today) will work but only on one TV. If you had a full blown DTV SWM system, then it works on every TV with a receiver. Other have got it working. Read all the posts in this topic starting at post #1.

In post #18 JHenry offered to help anyone with problems. He is the man to PM!!!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #38
Drifter409

M.O.C. #24211
Check out all the connectors that you can get to, our dvd did not work pulled it out found the mdi not connected, things do come loose or are never hooked up.
Drifter409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
Jax

M.O.C. #24473
We and camping world are only trying to only hook up one tv. It didn’t work with key tv.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #40
Jax

M.O.C. #24473
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
The G3 and DTV (SD signal only today) will work but only on one TV. If you had a full blown DTV SWM system, then it works on every TV with a receiver. Other have got it working. Read all the posts in this topic starting at post #1.

In post #18 JHenry offered to help anyone with problems. He is the man to PM!!!
I am new at this and dont know how to pm him.