Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
jdavenp3

M.O.C. #27603
Can you get legacy & super solar upgrade on High Countrys?

The wife and I are about to go pretty much full-time. We were looking through different Montanas and enjoy the layout/weight/etc of the HC 372 due to the tray (more as a temp storage at home and then for kayaks once on the road).

We were wanting to know if you could upgrade to the legacy package and add on the solar flex as well? We are teachers and plan on our summer months doing a lot of traveling to various places/boondocking/etc.

Or if there is a normal Montana with the tray feature id be interested in looking at that. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

jdavenp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
The legacy package is only on Montana not high county. As far as a tray I believe the 3790 and 3740 has a pullout tray from the back

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
jdavenp3

M.O.C. #27603
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuhn View Post
The legacy package is only on Montana not high county. As far as a tray I believe the 3790 and 3740 has a pullout tray from the back
Thanks a lot. I’ll look into them for sure.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavenp3 View Post
The wife and I are about to go pretty much full-time. We were looking through different Montanas and enjoy the layout/weight/etc of the HC 372 due to the tray (more as a temp storage at home and then for kayaks once on the road).

We were wanting to know if you could upgrade to the legacy package and add on the solar flex as well? We are teachers and plan on our summer months doing a lot of traveling to various places/boondocking/etc.

Or if there is a normal Montana with the tray feature id be interested in looking at that. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
As noted, the Legacy package is only on Montana's not HC models.
Also, Super Solar Flex is only available on Montana's.

We ordered a 2021 Montana 3790RD with both packages. It is now at the dealer but we have not been able to see it yet. It is likely the most similar floor plan to the HC372RD...

HtH
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
My HC is pre-wired and pre-prepped for Solar. If I wanted Solar, I'm sure it would have been installed when we purchased it. If you pay enough, you can get anything.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
My HC is pre-wired and pre-prepped for Solar. If I wanted Solar, I'm sure it would have been installed when we purchased it. If you pay enough, you can get anything.
Yes, on both the Montana and the HC models, you can order the Solar Flex package. It includes a single panel, a 2000 watt inverter and 5 outlets in the coach running off batteries. You or your dealer need to supply your own batteries.

The OP asked about the Super Solar Flex package, which comes from the factory with 4 panels, a 3000 watt inverter, 2 massive lithium batteries and all of the appliances and outlets running off battery. That package is only available on the Montana, not the HC...

Brad
Old 11-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
jdavenp3

M.O.C. #27603
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Yes, on both the Montana and the HC models, you can order the Solar Flex package. It includes a single panel, a 2000 watt inverter and 5 outlets in the coach running off batteries. You or your dealer need to supply your own batteries.

The OP asked about the Super Solar Flex package, which comes from the factory with 4 panels, a 3000 watt inverter, 2 massive lithium batteries and all of the appliances and outlets running off battery. That package is only available on the Montana, not the HC...

Brad

Yes the super solar flex was what I was mainly interested in. We’ve kind of settled that we’re going to go for a legacy model Montana. The pull out storage seems awesome for our kayaks but I don’t see much stock in the legacy models.

Any idea what a typical lead time would be after ordering one if we chose that route?
Old 11-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #8
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavenp3 View Post
Yes the super solar flex was what I was mainly interested in. We’ve kind of settled that we’re going to go for a legacy model Montana. The pull out storage seems awesome for our kayaks but I don’t see much stock in the legacy models.

Any idea what a typical lead time would be after ordering one if we chose that route?
We ordered in the beginning of August and it arrived a couple of weeks ago... so a little over 3 months.

HtH
Brad